Discontinued Lion Brand Thick and Quick Chenille Yarn

There are a few websites including Etsy and eBay that can be your go to sites for locating discontinued craft supplies, such as Lion Brand Thick and Quick chenille yarn. List your product on Craigslist. Failing in that, other companies may have a suitable alternative.

I need Lion Brand chenille, Thick and Quick yarn in the marine color. Ii have searched everywhere and the web site for Lion Brand says the yarn is discontinued. Can anyone help?

By marcia bruno from Huntington Beach, CA

Answers

Best Answer

You can try the website Ravelry, some of the members sell their stashes.

Best Answer

Check Big Lots stores if you have any in your area. They are carrying some of the discontinued Chenille Thick and Quick for $1 a skein.

Best Answer

You might try looking for a competitor with a similar weight and gauge. People recommend Red Heart Sweet Home and the Bernat brand as possible substitutions.

Good luck!

I am looking for skeins of Lion Brand Chenille Thick & Quick Yarn in Wine 189 and Ruby Print 213. Can anyone help?

Answers

Best Answer

Keep checking back on eBay and Etsy as they do come up often.

The other thing is I saw a whole bunch of really good yarns at Ollies not long ago...if you have one of those type places--Ollies or Big Lots--they sometimes surprise you with what they have. Ours (in Pgh) always have top brands and really interesting selection...so you never know if they may turn up there.

I could kick myself for not getting on of the chunky yarns I saw there a few months ago...it would have been perfect for the green blanket I am making now...live and learn :)

Best Answer

Discontinued patterns are usually very difficult to find but sometimes people get lucky so a continuous search on eBay and Google may prove fruitful.

• I would check with your local Michael's and Jo Ann's to see if they still have any. They may have a central warehouse that keeps discontinued patterns or a blog where you can ask if anyone has either of these and wishes to sell.
  • Advertisement

• Place an ad on Craigslist and other auction sites as wanted and list your patterns. There was at one time a nationwide link (other than just one zip) but not sure about that anymore.
  • You may have to put a reminder on your calendar to check about every 3 weeks. If you are an eBay member, you can also place an alert for these patterns. Just type in the brand and other information and then click on "advance" and follow instructions.
Consumer Advice Product FinderNovember 21, 2019
🎄
🍂