Product FinderConsumer Advice

Finding Discontinued Lion Brand Chenille Quick & Thick Yarn

I am looking for skeins of Lion Brand Chenille Thick & Quick Yarn in Wine 189 and Ruby Print 213. Can anyone help?

I saw some colors on Amazon. You can also put an alert on Amazon and eBay.

Keep checking back on eBay and Etsy as they do come up often.

The other thing is I saw a whole bunch of really good yarns at Ollies not long ago...if you have one of those type places--Ollies or Big Lots--they sometimes surprise you with what they have. Ours (in Pgh) always have top brands and really interesting selection...so you never know if they may turn up there.

I could kick myself for not getting on of the chunky yarns I saw there a few months ago...it would have been perfect for the green blanket I am making now...live and learn :)

I would keep an eye on eBay! They have some right now just not the color you want.

Discontinued patterns are usually very difficult to find but sometimes people get lucky so a continuous search on eBay and Google may prove fruitful.

• I would check with your local Michael's and Jo Ann's to see if they still have any. They may have a central warehouse that keeps discontinued patterns or a blog where you can ask if anyone has either of these and wishes to sell.
  • Place an ad on Craigslist and other auction sites as wanted and list your patterns. There was at one time a nationwide link (other than just one zip) but not sure about that anymore.
  • You may have to put a reminder on your calendar to check about every 3 weeks. If you are an eBay member, you can also place an alert for these patterns. Just type in the brand and other information and then click on "advance" and follow instructions.

I would do a search on eBay, put in exactly what you are looking for. Also Craigslist put in a "wanted" and see if you get any answers.