Selling Your Car on Craigslist
When selling a vehicle, it is important to be safe and thorough to avoid learning lessons the hard way. This guide is about selling your car on Craigslist
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
February 10, 20130 found this helpful
This guide contains tips for selling a car. When it's time to sell your vehicle there are a number of things to keep in mind to get the value you deserve and maintain your personal security.
Having sold a number of cars on Craigslist, I have learned a few lessons the hard way. Here are some tips that may save you some headaches if you are considering selling a car on Craigslist:
- Only accept cash.
- If you decide to accept a check, complete your sale at the bank so that you can verify sufficient funds.
- Make a copy of their driver's license or copy down the information prior to a test drive.
- Ask to see their insurance card.
- If you feel comfortable, ride along.
- If possible, meet prospective buyers in a public place instead of your home.
- Bring a friend or relative with you, especially if you are a woman.
- Make sure you file your title with DMV immediately. This releases your liability with the car.
- Always write a contract and establish what, if any, guarantees you are making. State whether it is an As-Is sale. Have the by and yourself sign and date it. Give them a copy as their receipt.
- Be safe and be through!