Sewing Satin Trim on Blankets

What is the easiest most accurate way to sew the satin ribbon on blankets. I'm having difficulty with the corners. I'm unsure how to cut and sew. I've been experimenting with it, but there must be a trick to it.

By Marsha Jean from Belmont, NY

Answers:

Sewing Satin Trim on Blankets

You simply Google "tutorial sewing mitered corners" Or "quilt binding mitered corner tutorial" or something to that effect.

This top URL is the best! (very easy and great detailed pictures):
Here's a great tutorial a friend told me about, now she sews the best mitered corners on her receiving blankets! I bet you could make your own binding with satin fabric instead of buying the blanket-binding in packages.

http://sometimescrafter.blogspot.com/2009/08/binding-tutorial-three-part-series.html

Here's another one:
http://www.amycarriere.com/2009/04/mitered-corner-tutorial-oldie-but-goodie/

lf you have broadband you can also watch this 5 minute video:
www.5min.com/.../How-to-Sew-Binding-With-Mitered-Corners-111412059 (08/12/2009)

By Cyinda

Sewing Satin Trim on Blankets

I have used the 1/2"inch or smaller Stitch Witchery. I iron it on one side of blanket being quilted. I iron the stitch witchery to wrong side of satin trim, apply this to the side of quilt or blanket on the right side of blanket, etc. I then have done the same for the back or stitch the back side by hand. Be careful as the Stitch Witchery will be very hot when you are done ironing it in place. I put this on first before I even start putting blanket together, that way the batting doesn't melt or get bunched up. Just add to one side of the top layer then do whatever, when time to put binding or trim on other side the crease of the binding is your guide to finishing. You can Stitch Witch both or sew back side by hand. (08/13/2009)

By thunderheart54

Sewing Satin Trim on Blankets
fleece tie blanket
Making Fleece Tie Blankets
Wool Blanket
Cleaning Wool Blankets
old car
Painting Vinyl Car Trim
Removing Stains from a Satin Dress
Removing Stains from a Satin Dress
🎄