Uses for Baby Blankets

I have been able to find baby blankets for Buddy at the 99 cent store. They are just the right size for him. In cool weather, I use them to cover his little beds and keep a couple in the car in case we need to take him to the vet. That way, we can put them on the table in the exam room or if we have to leave him overnight. We also put his name on them. In the warm weather, I use pillow cases for his small beds. Both are easy to wash and dry.

By Vi Johnson from Moorpark, CA

5 More Solutions

Many animal shelters and veterinarians will take your old blankets and towels to use for their animal bedding. Just make sure it is clean and you have given a gift that many animals will enjoy for a long time.

This child-sized pillow case was made with two of my daughter's old receiving blankets. Simply place them with right sides together and sew around three of the edges, leaving one of the short edges open.

Finished pillowcase.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Buy cotton baby blankets whenever you see them at yard sales or wherever. Cut them into squares and use as lint free cleaning cloths. By Lisa

When my son was a baby, he had lots of receiving blankets. As he grew older, of course, they weren't needed. I gave away several, then one day I needed a toy bag to take to Grandma's house.

This is a page about making baby blanket dolls. Infant receiving blankets and a few other supplies can be used to make cute little baby dolls. They make colorful decorations in the nursery.

Baby blanket decorative dolls.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Better Living Green Living ReusingMay 31, 2012
😷
🐛
📓
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Uses-For-Baby-Blankets.html