Baby dolls, boy and girl, made out of one pink thermal receiving blanket and one blue thermal receiving blanket, a boys bonnet, a girls bonnet, a blue bib and pink bib, white thin satin ribbon, girl booties and boy booties.
- two thermal receiving blankets, one pink and one blue
- one each: an infant boy's bonnet and an infant girl's bonnet
- two bibs, one pink and one blue
- two pairs of booties, one for boys and one for girls
- Take the receiving blanket hold the long rectangular way, roll each long side to the middle, till the two sides meet.
- Folded 3/4 halfway with the rolls on the inside.
- While holding in your hand, using a fist full of craft stuffing (fiberfill) stuff inside the top of the inside roll, to make the head, gently tie a ribbon around under the head to make the head.
- Then take from the back side the two ends of the roll, the short ends, and bring them around the front sides, tie with a ribbon around the end piece of each side roll, to make hands.
- Take the bottom two rolled ends and do the same, separate and tie off with a ribbon to make feet.
- Put the bonnet over the head, put the bib around the neck, and the booties on each foot.
- Hand embroider half moon blue eyes, a tiny knot for a nose and a pink embroidered mouth.
These sit in a basket, make wonderful gift toppers, and then beautiful decorations for baby's nursery.
By Jackie from Southern, MA
By guest (Guest Post)
September 18, 20071 found this helpful
those are just adorable!
September 18, 20070 found this helpful
what a great way to give a bunch of small baby gifts. You could stuff the doll body with other receiving blankets, washcloths, bibs etc. and pin on other baby items to the outside.
September 19, 20070 found this helpful
I agree. what a cute craft and such a wonderful job you've done
Read More Comments
September 20, 20070 found this helpful
greetings from sweden! what a very nice creation.i love to try