Shaving Cream for Emergency Carpet Cleaning

Shaving cream is great to take stains out of rugs. Spray and scrub with a brush.

By Gary

Answers:

I would have to warn anyone trying this. I tried it after reading so many responses about this, and I've since had my carpet professionally cleaned twice and the stains it left won't come out! I will now have to have the carpet replaced!

Any tips gratefully accepted, as it can't get worse than it is already!
BTW: It was the gel, but there was no comment warning against using it at the time I read the 'tip'. (02/29/2008)

By Wendy from Oz

Editor's Note: We're sorry to hear about your carpet. Thank you for letting us all know. We will add a warning to the tip.

When I read this tip over a year ago, I immediately went and got shaving cream. We had those almost black streaks where the doors to rooms are closed. I just gently placed the shaving cream on the carpet, not rubbing and vacuumed when the cream was thoroughly dried. The lines were gone. This is a FANTASTIC tip! (02/29/2008)

By Tedebear

We had several large and small brown wicking stains on the blue commercial carpet in our office area. We would shampoo using every method and stain removal product and suggestion that came along. One day the owner of the business decided to try shaving cream. She used it at home on her carpets and it worked and so decided to try it on the office carpet, it seems to work really good. Wicking stains are the worst stains to treat. A stain we treated with shaving cream three weeks or more ago, still hasn't reappeared. We have decided to use the shaving cream on all the stains before we use our commercial extractor on it. What a simple solution to a major problem! (05/27/2008)

By Julie

Just spilled some pink nail polish on carpet, googled it and found the tip for shaving cream. IT WORKS! (06/10/2008)

By Marjory

A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Shaving Cream on Black
Cleaning With Shaving Cream
Lifting paper away from the shaving cream.
Craft Uses for Shaving Cream
Homemade Shave Cream
Homemade Shaving Cream Recipes
🎉
🎄