Cleaning With Shaving Cream

Category Miscellaneous
You might be surprised by the many cleaning uses for shaving cream. This is a page about cleaning with shaving cream.

After coming home from a twelve hour day at work, I was greeted by my loving, newly adopted Boxer! I was also met with a stench that would wake the dead, and when I looked inside my home. I saw a dog parent's worst nightmare: projectile diarrhea on my light beige carpet covering approximately 15 square feet!

Having no name brand carpet cleaners in the house, I had to get creative and fast before I passed out from the sight and smell.

To my surprise and delight the following procedure worked flawlessly for the stain and smell. I ran into the shower and grabbed my Gillette Foamy shaving cream. (After cleaning up what I could wearing gloves and a respirator), I squirted the foam on each of the separate 18 (yes 18) soiled areas. I let it sit for about 10-15 minutes.

Then, with a towel that was dampened with hot water, I agitated the spots and "everything" came out instantly! I have found this works better than all the name brand, expensive carpet-stain removers on the market.

By Greg from Columbia, SC

Editor's Note: Be sure to use the old fashioned white shaving cream. Using a gel based shaving product will not have the same effect and may stain your carpet.

Shaving cream is a wonderful and cheap way to get kids squeaky clean. Most of the time with a coupon you can get a can very cheap and sometimes free (Walgreens this week - free). Anyway, what you do is have the child hold out their hands and put a pretty large amount in each hand. Let them play. This will even get under their nails.

By Meemaw from Still Traveling!

I was inspired to find a thrifty substitute for a very expensive cleaning paste I saw on TV, $20 for two tubs with two diamond fiber sponges. I used a $1.83 can of shaving foam (I recommend a scent free one) and half of a scrubby pad I bought at Dollar General (6 for $1). Spray a streak of foam on the oven door, scrub with the pad, then wipe with a damp cloth. I use it all my appliances, my front door, the light switches, even as a furniture cleaning foam.

By Linda McGregor from New Lisbon, WI

Use shaving cream to clean furniture, carpets, rugs (not delicates that will easily fall apart) instead of having to pay to get it cleaned or buy new ones. Stains come out and it smells good too (not for deep stains).

Barbasol shave cream dissolves grime. Use it by your workbench to clean your hands. It doesn't need to be used with water. Of course, you'll need a dry cloth handy.

Spray shave cream directly on the stain and let sit about 30 minutes. Blot with a clean washcloth. Repeat until completely gone. For deep down stains, try scrubbing with scrub brush after spraying shave cream.

Reapply shave cream and let set a little longer before blotting.

Shaving cream has a second life as an easy to use cleaner for bathroom mirrors and fixtures. You do not need to buy an expensive brand. This is a page about cleaning mirrors and bathroom fixtures with shaving cream.

Shaving cream smeared on a dark background.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousApril 30, 2013
😷
🐛
🌻
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf250938.tip.html