Other Uses for Shaving Cream

I was inspired to find a thrifty substitute for a very expensive cleaning paste I saw on TV, $20 for two tubs with two diamond fiber sponges. I used a $1.83 can of shaving foam (I recommend a scent free one) and half of a scrubby pad I bought at Dollar General (6 for $1). Spray a streak of foam on the oven door, scrub with the pad, then wipe with a damp cloth. I use it all my appliances, my front door, the light switches, even as a furniture cleaning foam.

By Linda McGregor from New Lisbon, WI

Shaving cream is good as an emergency fabric cleanser as well. I cleaned a car seat after a bad spill.

When I was working with pre schoolers we used el cheapo shaving foam to clean the tables on Fridays. It started as finger painting .... then of course, we had to wipe them all with paper towels. Great fun for the kids and the room was left clean and sweet smelling. I just sprayed a big blob of foam for each child to start creating then made the rounds with dampened paper towels. Sometimes I had to help a little with the final step but the kids loved it.