Shop Thrift Stores for Sheets

I save money on bed sheets by finding "like new" top sheets at a thrift store for about $3 each. Used bottom sheets are harder to find there, especially in queen and king size, so I buy a new plain-colored or white bottom sheet to go with the top sheet. I also have bought quite a few nice sets of twin and double bed sheets which are easier to find. Then I always use white pillowcases which go with any color scheme. Also queen and king flat sheets from the thrift store are good for the backing of a homemade quilt.

By Judy from North Dakota

Answers:

Shop Thrift Stores for Top Sheets

I second the advice about thrift stores. It's also possible to find big savings on individual sheets at other stores, as long as you don't worry about everything matching. I've mixed and matched neutral colors for years and it's just as comfortable to sleep on!

If you must have matched sets, don't overlook Sam's Club. I saw a king-size set of nice quality 100 percent cotton sheets there for $33 yesterday. Hard to beat that price even on sale at a department store. (09/06/2009)

By ChloeA

Shop Thrift Stores for Top Sheets

As well, it is very easy to make a fitted sheet out of a flat sheet. I did it years ago with sheets that I got for my wedding that were both flat. I have forgotten the exact directions, but I remember it being a very worthwhile project. I am sure one could google for directions. (09/07/2009)

By louel53