Signs To Advertise Your Sale

I don't advertise in the paper because I hate to have super early shoppers. I arrange my stuff the night before, and cover tables with sheets to keep snoopers out!

I make signs made with coat hangers (from the cleaners which multiply in dark closets), with a neon sheet of paper with "garage sale" and an arrow drawn on it.

Starting as far away from my house as possible, I start taping the coat hangers to sign posts so that the arrows point to my house, and lead the cars into the subdivision. I almost always have plenty of cars following me home!

Please remember to always retrieve your signs and you can use them the next time.

By Lindajean from Houston, TX