Skin Lightening Tips

There are some commercial products as well as homemade solutions that can be used to lighten a dark complexion or dark spots on your skin. This is a guide about skin lightening tips.

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

January 7, 2015 Flag

How do I get my skin tone back after burning and it going darker?

By April

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Stay out of the sun, and it will fade in time. However, a darker tan will help prevent future burns. Here in Canada people work hard to get darker tans, and many go to tanning salons to lay on "sunbeds" - artificial lights that simulate the sun's rays - to develop a tan.

January 26, 2015 Flag

My skin color turned black slowly. Could anyone suggest how I can turn it white?

By Shayan

Suggest you see a doctor for help.

I also suggest a doctor. Skin will darken in the sun, of course, from a tan, and lighten if you stay out of the sun. Any other colour is reason to see a doctor. Of course, in the 19th century, women "whitened" their complexions by taking arsenic, which made them anemic, hence pale. Of course, it also slowly poisoned them, and some did die. Not something that I'd recommend.

January 19, 2015 Flag

I was naturally fair 6 months ago, but now I became tan. I Don't know the reason for my tan. Could anyone suggest how to get back my old color?

By Rahman from Chennai

Suggest you see a doctor immediately for this unusual change.

People tan because they have been in the sun. If your tan was not caused by this, you should see a doctor. If it was caused by the sun, it will lighten if you stay out of the sun or cover up, or wear sunscreen.

June 21, 2010 Flag

Well, my race is actually black, but I was born with very fair skin, like white skin tone, when I was a baby. When I got older it turned to light yellow skin tone and I have stayed out of the sun and always kept my light yellow complexion.

But I went to the fair over 2 years ago and I was exposed to the sun rays for 2 hours and I got tanned badly, like from yellow to red. I want to get rid of it. But how?

By Quan from St. Paul, MN

You should not use hydroquinone. It is dangerous especially all over your body. We live in a society that tells you that you are better off being white with yellow hair, this is a shame that this country and some others are so racist. Hitler did the same with his Aryan race theory. Use sunscreen yes-everyone should. but love yourself. do not fall prey to racist propaganda. you do not keep a sunburn for 2 years so you should check out your skin. If there is no problem-find all the people of color who have done great things and do great things yourself.

I randomly came across this post and after skimming the comments, decided to post some actual product advice from my personal experience of getting my skin pale, FAST.

I have been a professional fashion model for almost 5 years now, and with the jobs comes a lot of hair coloring, and believe it or not: skin coloring... depending on what country you are working in. In America/ Europe, tan skin is desirable so you see "build a tan" lotions everywhere! However, in Asia, very pale skin is desirable and considered "beautiful".

So when I went to model in Asia and was constantly told they couldn't book me because I was too "tan", I realized I had to get very pale in a matter of weeks since my job bookings depended on it! I started asking the other models and researching how to whiten my skin without bleaching it because that is horrible for you.

The funny thing is that just as L'oreal, Nivea, Revlon etc, all have "build a tan" lotions in America.... the same big brands all have "whitening" lotions and face scrubs, and face washes in Asia. They simply don't sell them in America & elsewhere because of the market differences.

It took me about 4 weeks of using an exfoliating sponge daily with Nivea Whitening body wash then using Ponds Whitening body Lotion, and for my face using some whitening face scrub, and Pond's whitening night cream.... I was so pale, I couldn't believe it. They also even sell SPF + whitening there (yes, while you are being protected by SPF, it is keeping your skin light too)!

So my advice: Go to your local Asian supermarket/ store! China towns, Japan towns; they are everywhere! And most of the supermarkets carry these whitening products, and most of the areas even have beauty shops stocked full of Plus Whitening products. It might be a little pricier since they are shipped overseas, but well worth it if that is what you are looking for.

I am confident that these types of products will work on black skin, Indian skin, any dark skin etc.... because if the "build a tan" lotions work for people, so do the "get white" lotions. And they are no more "harmful" for you than any other basic lotion from the same brands.

Hope this helps!

Read More Answers...

February 24, 2013 Flag

I'm 33 yrs old. My dream is to make my skin white. I have a brown complexion. Does anyone have some cheap suggestions for ways to do this at home?

By Jessica P.

This isn't a whitening tip, just a general comment. White skin isn't all that lovely. As you age it becomes blotchier, more likely to develop skin cancer, and generally a person tends to look like a dead body unless wearing makeup. And you may spend a small fortune on cosmetic coverups which change with sun exposure and the seasons.

If you have a nice, even complexion, be grateful!

Eat healthy, hold your head up high, and be proud of whom you are.

When you hit your 50's, your skin will whiten on it's own.

As a "whitey" with desire to have darker skin, I obviously do not understand your desire.

But it is your desire!

I find those old lady makeups helpful. (Porcelana burned my skin.) Use of any BB makeup base is fantastic. It evened out a dark spot I had. Sometimes when I am just around the house I don't put on makeup and the spot is not visable. Good luck!

FYI, I am an old lady.

Read More Answers...

November 19, 2013 Flag

How can I lighten my dark brown skin and lips naturally at home? I am from Trinidad.

By Kate

You must have lovely skin! You may have to find a way to be happy with your natural color.

I agree with the previous poster. There is nothing you can use at home that will lighten your skin safely. Please try to see the beauty in the colour of skin that you have. I am sure it is lovely.

September 29, 2007 Flag

My complexion has become very dark since I started playing for my school's team in the sun.can anyone please tell me how to remove this dreadful tan and lighten my complexion?

Nabiha

I have this problem too, we're outside for 8 hours everyday for 3 months and then for 4 hrs for 4 more months. I have a very light complexion naturally, but I'm Arab/Indian and Puerto Rican so I tan easily. I use Lemon juice on my skin all over after I take a shower and I use body scrubs with a loofa, to try and "scrub" the dead tan skin cells off. I've found that the scrub works the best because I see that those tanned skin cells have come off and my tan lines aren't as visable so I suppose it works.

Hi all, if you have a light complexion, bet assured your skin will get back its original colour. It happened to me. I was fair. I came to chennai and my comp became very dark. I protected my skin for 4 months approx from sunlight totally ( literally). u wont believe it after 4 months I was as fair as before. I swear. Don use any thing else. Just protect your skin for 3 to 4 months from sunlight totally, and see the magic.

Read More Answers...

July 18, 2010 Flag

What is the cream that you use to increase the fairness of your face?

By John from Niagara Falls, NY

Another brand avail at most stores is Porcelana, but I agree with jacketbacker, that the Avon Banishing Cream is the best over the counter. Regular price is $8.50, but is currently on sale at www.avon.com for $3.99. You can also call 1-800-ForAvon to find a representative near you. The best thing about it, is that if it doesn't work, you can always return it for a refund or replacement with Avon.

I listened to a doctor yesterday on television that was talking about lightening/whitening/bleaching skin products and almost all of them contain some sort of possible cancer (mainly kidney) causing ingredients.

Perhaps you could simply try safe good old fashioned fresh squeezed lemon juice? In my humble opinion the things we find flawed about ourselves are actually what makes us unique and perfect. :-)

Read More Answers...

September 3, 2011 Flag

How can I lighten my skin using fruit? I also would like to know some remedies for pimples on my face. How can I protect my skin so as not to have them?

By Flower from Thailand

For pimples on your face, my daughter swears by Milk of Magnesia. She puts it on her face, waits a few minutes and washes it off. She does this while she is in the shower every day.

June 7, 2011 Flag

My face got darker. What should I do to lighten it in a natural way?

By Zahira

Baby oil with lemon juice in it. Takes awhile, but natural.

September 4, 2007 Flag

I am looking for home remedies to lighten skin.

Pinky Grace

Origins has a "modern friction scrub" that really perks up your skin and removes dead cells leaving nice skin. Try a sample at an origins near you then you will see. In Mexico there is a product called "concha nacar" and it

is supposed to lighten or look in afro products section of your Walmart or other store and you can find something there.

Lemon juice? It seems I've heard something about it lightening skin.

August 16, 2010 Flag

After bleaching my skin I felt very, very itchy. What will I do or put on to my skin so that I won't feel very itchy after bleaching? Do you know any kind of skin bleaching powder that is good, with no itchiness of skin after use? I used active white bleaching powder, soap, and lotion.

Thanks.

By Lanie

March 19, 2011 Flag

I'm a Malaysian. Malaysia is a very hot and sunny country, therefore I became very dark. Is there any cheap and simple skin whitening recipe I can use?

By Gan from Malaysia

Answers:

Lightening Skin Color

Apply tomato juice for the face daily. And wash with cold (not much chill just little bit) water. Or you can apply banana also. Crush the banana and apply it for your face. And wash it after 15min. (09/29/2010)

By Madhuri_enduri

Lightening Skin Color

All shades of skin color are beautiful. Women used to take arsenic to whiten their white skin. If it didn't kill them, it did whiten the skin as it made them anemic. But I am not recommending this. Why don't you use sunscreen to keep your skin from darkening? But once it is already dark, I don't believe any of the home remedies will work. Don't waste your time. (09/30/2010)

By louel53

Lightening Skin Color

And here in the USA women pay to get suntanned! And lay for hours in the sun, just to get darker colored!

Your best bet to avoid getting darker, is to wear hats and to use sun screen to avoid getting sun on you as much as possible!

Usually wearing 100 percent cotton items such as Ericka makes: both in pants, and in tops keeps you cooler. You can wear a short sleeved top and open, longer sleeved shirt like to elbows that is not tight fitting to keep your arms from getting to much sun. This is the procedure I use when walking in the sun! (10/06/2010)

By MzScarlett

September 27, 2010 Flag

I have a problem with darkness of my neck, forehead, and back. I want to make my neck, back, and forehead lighter. I have heard that honey and eggs can help. Please help.

June 21, 2010 Flag

I used to have lighter skin color when I was younger, but it's gotten darker as I got older. My mom's skin is really light and she's always telling me to wash my face with soap and I do that, but it doesn't really help. I want to think that it does, but it doesn't.

Does sunscreen protect the color of your skin? I have a medium tan, but my mother's is really light and that's how I want it to be. I always thought it was the sun that made my face darker. My feet and arms are so much whiter than my face and it looks like I don't wash my face, but I do (like 4 times a day.)

-Ae Eh from Long Island, NY

Answers:

Can you get whiter skin?

There is this new skin shop named Johnette Alissandraise. I've tried their whitening soaps and lotion and I assure you that I got whiter. Too bad it's hard to buy their products. I only buy them online, in their very few stores. Try them. I know you will agree with me. (12/06/2009)

By sarah44

Load More
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care AdviceJune 8, 2013
Greased Lightning
Greased Lightning Reviews
bandaid covering a skin tag
Remedies for Skin Tags
An apricot cut in half.
Peeling Apricots
A woman cleaning her face with skin toner.
Homemade Skin Toner
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 12:14:48 AM on 10.0.1.132 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.