Sky Photos

Category Scenery
The most beautiful scenic pictures always include the sky. This page contains sky photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Roiling Storm Clouds

I took this picture of strange looking storm clouds. The storm its self wasn't that bad but the clouds looked fierce.

This picture was taken a few weeks ago, we had walked outside because it was orange looking and it was the strangest thing. When we walked outside you could have heard a pin drop, no animals moving or making any noise. complete silence! I actually for a minute thought it was God coming for us. LOL I thought nothing more about it til I uploaded the pictures, and my husband pointed out the cross in the sky.

By Carrie K.

Sepia looking sky photo.

Comment Like this photo? 21

Wow, that is wild. I'd say it was a natural phenomena. Rarely do you see something like this. Great photo. I voted for you.

Good luck,

Gem

Reply Like this photo? Yes

We were driving home one late afternoon and the sky looked beautiful! It looked like this a little before a storm. I love sky pictures, especially when they have rays coming down! Enjoy!

By Stacey S. from Eagle Mountain, UT

Afternoon sun rays shining down through clouds

Comment Like this photo? 9

Nope, I didn't adjust the colors, that's how it came out, I love it!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Pinkish sky after a thunder storm.

I took this picture after a thunder storm; the sky looked so nice!

Fluffy Clouds (Strongsville, OH)

We were driving to my mom's house for a visit and the sky was so pretty. I took a ton of pictures. This one is one of my favorites.

Blue Sky, Green Field (Upstate NY)

The vivid blue and green were practically shouting for attention and the perspective made them look like they went on forever. I liked the delicate lines of the trees, still bare yet in early April.

Cloudy sky with sun breaking through.

Clouds are amazing! I always loved studying them in school and 50 years later, they still are my favorite. This is a formation I took in Texas.

rainbow

I saw tornado funnel one night and the next night there was a rainbow.

Storm Clouds Moving In Over Brick Building

This was a storm rolling over top of us a week ago. Since there was no touchdown of any danger, the obvious stop of sunshine and start of storm line became a beautiful picture.

Storm Clouds Over the Mountain (Elizabethton, TN)

This is in Eastern Tennessee where we have had a lot of awful storms lately. Thankfully, our little neck of the woods was spared. Nevertheless, I love snapping pictures of cloud formations, regardless of what kind they are or what season it is.

White clouds in blue sky.

I took this picture on a really bright and sunny day, when the clouds looked so white and fluffy you just wanted to reach out and touch them.

Grey clouds in upper left of photo.

I love taking pictures of clouds. This is one cloud that I thought looked neat.

Colorful clouds.

When I took this picture it was really a nice day out. I thought the sky looked beautiful.

Deep Blue Sky at Dusk

I took this photo while walking my dog. The sun was setting and the sky was just amazing.

A Blanket of Soft Clouds in Tennessee

These were floating in the air, so light and beautiful, and I had to capture them with my phone camera. They look like a soft cozy blanket made out of squares of soft cotton.

Sky cloudy

I took this photo in the parking lot of Travelers Towers in Southfield, MI. It was a beautiful sunny Mother's Day about 4:00 in the afternoon. I thought that the twin towers would make a nice frame for the white fluffy clouds

Masses of clouds on the horizon.

I love sky watching, this picture I took today of our storm moving out from our area. I think sky pictures are awesome.

sky blue

Blue sky, afternoon ray of sunshine, and a bird in flight.

cloud photo

This was taken by Arcola, Illinois last fall as we sat waiting for a train. The clouds went on forever

Dusky sky.

This is a beautiful shot of the sky at dusk. Took this photo while waiting for a red light to turn green! It almost looks as if an apocalypse is about to happen!

Clouds At 36,000 Feet

This picture was taken by my husband, a commerical pilot, flying 36,000 feet over Indianapolis. This cloud formation was so unusual that he wanted to share it with me. In over 42 years of flying, he's never seen anything like this!

Orange cast on grey clouds.

My family and I was traveling to New Jersey to visit some family and I just love taking pictures. This is a image of us entering White Plains Rd. That's the Bronx, I think. Enjoy, it's a beautiful sky.