Sky Photos

The most beautiful scenic pictures always include the sky. This page contains sky photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

September 1, 2011 Flag

Roiling Storm Clouds

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I took this picture of strange looking storm clouds. The storm its self wasn't that bad but the clouds looked fierce.

December 20, 2010 Flag

This picture was taken a few weeks ago, we had walked outside because it was orange looking and it was the strangest thing. When we walked outside you could have heard a pin drop, no animals moving or making any noise. complete silence! I actually for a minute thought it was God coming for us. LOL I thought nothing more about it til I uploaded the pictures, and my husband pointed out the cross in the sky.

By Carrie K.

Sepia looking sky photo.

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes
Read 4 Comments

August 2, 2011 Flag

We were driving home one late afternoon and the sky looked beautiful! It looked like this a little before a storm. I love sky pictures, especially when they have rays coming down! Enjoy!

By Stacey S. from Eagle Mountain, UT

Afternoon sun rays shining down through clouds

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 3 Comments

June 13, 2012 Flag

Fluffy Clouds (Strongsville, OH)

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

We were driving to my mom's house for a visit and the sky was so pretty. I took a ton of pictures. This one is one of my favorites.

June 21, 2012 Flag

I took this picture after a thunder storm; the sky looked so nice!

Pinkish sky after a thunder storm.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 5, 2012 Flag

The vivid blue and green were practically shouting for attention and the perspective made them look like they went on forever. I liked the delicate lines of the trees, still bare yet in early April.

Blue Sky, Green Field (Upstate NY)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 31, 2011 Flag

Clouds are amazing! I always loved studying them in school and 50 years later, they still are my favorite. This is a formation I took in Texas.

Cloudy sky with sun breaking through.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 8, 2009 Flag

I saw tornado funnel one night and the next night there was a rainbow.

rainbow

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 8, 2013 Flag

I took this picture on a really bright and sunny day, when the clouds looked so white and fluffy you just wanted to reach out and touch them.

White clouds in blue sky.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 8, 2011 Flag

Storm Clouds Moving In Over Brick Building

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This was a storm rolling over top of us a week ago. Since there was no touchdown of any danger, the obvious stop of sunshine and start of storm line became a beautiful picture.

March 6, 2012 Flag

This is in Eastern Tennessee where we have had a lot of awful storms lately. Thankfully, our little neck of the woods was spared. Nevertheless, I love snapping pictures of cloud formations, regardless of what kind they are or what season it is.

Storm Clouds Over the Mountain (Elizabethton, TN)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 12, 2012 Flag

When I took this picture it was really a nice day out. I thought the sky looked beautiful.

Colorful clouds.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 25, 2011 Flag

I love taking pictures of clouds. This is one cloud that I thought looked neat.

Grey clouds in upper left of photo.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 12, 2013 Flag

Blue sky, afternoon ray of sunshine, and a bird in flight.

sky blue

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 21, 2011 Flag

I took this photo while walking my dog. The sun was setting and the sky was just amazing.

Deep Blue Sky at Dusk

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 23, 2008 Flag

This was taken by Arcola, Illinois last fall as we sat waiting for a train. The clouds went on forever

cloud photo

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 20, 2012 Flag

These were floating in the air, so light and beautiful, and I had to capture them with my phone camera. They look like a soft cozy blanket made out of squares of soft cotton.

A Blanket of Soft Clouds in Tennessee

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 12, 2011 Flag

I love sky watching, this picture I took today of our storm moving out from our area. I think sky pictures are awesome.

Masses of clouds on the horizon.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 14, 2010 Flag

I took this photo in the parking lot of Travelers Towers in Southfield, MI. It was a beautiful sunny Mother's Day about 4:00 in the afternoon. I thought that the twin towers would make a nice frame for the white fluffy clouds

Sky cloudy

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 14, 2007 Flag

My family and I was traveling to New Jersey to visit some family and I just love taking pictures. This is a image of us entering White Plains Rd. That's the Bronx, I think. Enjoy, it's a beautiful sky.

Orange cast on grey clouds.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 6, 2010 Flag

This is a beautiful shot of the sky at dusk. Took this photo while waiting for a red light to turn green! It almost looks as if an apocalypse is about to happen!

Dusky sky.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 26, 2012 Flag

This picture was taken by my husband, a commerical pilot, flying 36,000 feet over Indianapolis. This cloud formation was so unusual that he wanted to share it with me. In over 42 years of flying, he's never seen anything like this!

Clouds At 36,000 Feet

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Photos SceneryOctober 21, 2013
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
old photo
Determining the Value of Historic Photos
Family Taking Digital Photos
Transferring Digital Photos to Your Computer
Hot Air Balloon at Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta
Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta - Travel Guide
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 21, 2017 at 3:09:36 PM on 10.0.0.9 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.