Sky Photos

Category Scenery
Beautiful photo of the sky before sunset.
The most beautiful scenic pictures always include the sky. This page contains sky photos.

Storm clouds can be beautiful and powerful photo subjects. This page contains storm clouds photos.

Storm Clouds

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains cloud photos. Stormy and calm skies create visible masses of condensed water vapor that take on so many different shapes, patterns and colors.

streaks of clouds

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

This picture was taken a few weeks ago, we had walked outside because it was orange looking and it was the strangest thing. When we walked outside you could have heard a pin drop, no animals moving or making any noise. complete silence! I actually for a minute thought it was God coming for us. LOL I thought nothing more about it til I uploaded the pictures, and my husband pointed out the cross in the sky.

By Carrie K.

Sepia looking sky photo.

Comment Like this photo? 21

We were driving home one late afternoon and the sky looked beautiful! It looked like this a little before a storm. I love sky pictures, especially when they have rays coming down! Enjoy!

By Stacey S. from Eagle Mountain, UT

Afternoon sun rays shining down through clouds

Comment Like this photo? 9

I took this picture after a thunder storm; the sky looked so nice!

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

Pinkish sky after a thunder storm.

Comment Like this photo? 4

We were driving to my mom's house for a visit and the sky was so pretty. I took a ton of pictures. This one is one of my favorites.

Fluffy Clouds (Strongsville, OH)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

Clouds are amazing! I always loved studying them in school and 50 years later, they still are my favorite. This is a formation I took in Texas.

By Mary

Cloudy sky with sun breaking through.

Comment Like this photo? 31

I came to a screeching halt when I saw this scene out my car window. The vivid blue and green were practically shouting for attention and the perspective made them look like they went on forever. I liked the delicate lines of the trees, still bare yet in early April.

With such an empty sky and field, the drivers in the cars zooming past me must have wondered what I was photographing. And I couldn't understand why I was the only one taking pictures.

By June from upstate NY

Blue Sky, Green Field (Upstate NY)

Comment Like this photo? 5

I saw tornado funnel one night and the next night there was a rainbow.

rainbow

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

This is in Eastern Tennessee where we have had a lot of awful storms lately. Thankfully, our little neck of the woods was spared. Nevertheless, I love snapping pictures of cloud formations, regardless of what kind they are or what season it is.

Storm Clouds Over the Mountain (Elizabethton, TN)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

I love taking pictures of clouds. This is one cloud that I thought looked neat.

Grey clouds in upper left of photo.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 36

I took this photo while walking my dog. The sun was setting and the sky was just amazing.

Deep Blue Sky at Dusk

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

I took this picture on a really bright and sunny day, when the clouds looked so white and fluffy you just wanted to reach out and touch them.

White clouds in blue sky.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

I took this photo in the parking lot of Travelers Towers in Southfield, MI. It was a beautiful sunny Mother's Day about 4:00 in the afternoon. I thought that the twin towers would make a nice frame for the white fluffy clouds

Sky cloudy

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

When I took this picture it was really a nice day out. I thought the sky looked beautiful.

Colorful clouds.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

These were floating in the air, so light and beautiful, and I had to capture them with my phone camera. They look like a soft cozy blanket made out of squares of soft cotton.

A Blanket of Soft Clouds in Tennessee

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

I love sky watching, this picture I took today of our storm moving out from our area. I think sky pictures are awesome.

Masses of clouds on the horizon.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 37

This was taken by Arcola, Illinois last fall as we sat waiting for a train. The clouds went on forever

cloud photo

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

This is a shot from the railroad looking at our town. I really like how big the sky looks. The river is on the other side.

A blue sky over railroad tracks looking out to green hills.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

Blue sky, afternoon ray of sunshine, and a bird in flight.

sky blue

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

This is a beautiful shot of the sky at dusk. Took this photo while waiting for a red light to turn green! It almost looks as if an apocalypse is about to happen!

Dusky sky.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

I was taking my dog on a walk by a golf course near our home one evening. I started taking random pictures of the sky. A few days later, I was deleting images on my camera roll when I noticed that this one photo had a face in it. If you apply filters to the image, the face gets more detailed.

A picture of a dark sky with a face in the clouds.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

This picture was taken by my husband, a commerical pilot, flying 36,000 feet over Indianapolis. This cloud formation was so unusual that he wanted to share it with me. In over 42 years of flying, he's never seen anything like this!

Clouds At 36,000 Feet

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

My family and I was traveling to New Jersey to visit some family and I just love taking pictures. This is a image of us entering White Plains Rd. That's the Bronx, I think. Enjoy, it's a beautiful sky.

Orange cast on grey clouds.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes