Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta - Travel Guide

Category New Mexico
This annual festival is held in early October in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Balloonists and spectators come from around the world to fly or watch as hundreds of balloons fill the sky. This page contains travel guides and photos for the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta.

Here is a link to the official page for the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, held at Balloon Fiesta Park in Albuquerque, New Mexico. This annual event attracts hundreds of balloonists and thousands of spectators every October.

Link: http://www.balloonfiesta.com

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

This beautiful balloon caught my eye as it drifted by the coloring so matched the clouds, and sky. The sunrays shinning down through the clouds in front of the Sandia Mountains just made the whole picture come together. This was taken at the N. M. Balloon Festival 2009

By Linda

Hot Air Balloon

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 12

While I was taking a balloon ride, these two balloons were side by side. Their reflections appeared in the water as they gently floated above the Rio Grande River in New Mexico. Thought it would be an awesome photo and it was.

By Ivie from Arkansas City, KS

Hot Air Balloons Reflected in Water

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 8

Photo Description

An optical illusion of my friend reaching out to hand a flower to a large butterfly. The flower and butterfly are actually a hot air balloon!

Photo Location
Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, Albuquerque, New Mexico 2012

Source (If Applicable)
Deb Kreeger, crew member of the hot air balloon Clydescope, Peoria, IL

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

Scenery: Albuquerque Balloon Festival
Albuquerque Balloon Festival 2008

Taken at the Balloon Festival in Albuquerque, N.M. 2008. The sun was just coming up as I caught this sight. I thought it was awesome.

By Linda from Arkansas City, KS

Answers:

Scenery: Albuquerque Balloon Festival

This picture has to be one of the most beautiful I've seen. You should enter it into contests - I'll bet you would win! Keep shooting those pics! (11/26/2008)

By Tammy

Scenery: Albuquerque Balloon Festival

That is a beautiful picture. Nice job. (11/27/2008)

By Janet

Scenery: Albuquerque Balloon Festival

That truly is an awesome display of God's beautiful work! Thanks for sharing it with us and God bless you. (11/27/2008)

By Pat Giles

Scenery: Albuquerque Balloon Festival

So nice! Thanks for sharing. Did you get to ride in one of the balloons?
(12/11/2008)

By Warren

Scenery: Albuquerque Balloon Festival

Awww - my home town. I don't miss the hustle and bustle of this busy area, but I do miss sights like that. I agree - that would be a winning picture in a contest. Thanks for sharing! (12/11/2008)

By Lorrie Crawford