Something is Sleeping Among My Garlic Plants

I have a question for gardeners, please. What could be bedding down in the middle of my tall garlic plants? They bend my beautiful garlic plants all the way over. The spot is pressed down into about a 1 1/2 foot circle. It is about the size of a coon or a cat or dog. Please help! They keep coming and pressing out more and more spots.

By Carol

If the animal is not domestic, then it's possible it is a groundhog. Coons usually do not sleep on the ground. In the a.m., a ground hog comes out to sleep in a sunny spot after eating and goes into their burrow at night. If you're in farmland, they will burrow under barns or sheds, etc. Walk around the buildings and look for holes near the foundation. Whatever the critter is, it's residing close by the garlic bed.

Thanks Lorelei,

I forgot to say that we live in town in a close neighborhood and 1/2 mile from the courthouse with no empty lots anywhere near. I will look up groundhogs, interesting! Thanks for posting. Too bad I do not have one of those night action cameras that hunters use as expensive toys. lol,

Thanks again.

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceJune 14, 2011
Garlic Salt
Homemade Garlic Salt Recipes
Making Garlic Powder
Making Garlic Powder
Breast Cancer Detection and Prevention
Breast Cancer Prevention
Woman with bad breath covering her mouth.
Getting Rid of Garlic Breath
🎄
🍂