Spaghetti in Meatballs
Here's a fun twist on spaghetti and meatballs: spaghetti IN meatballs! Fun to make, easy to take. Give it a try!
- 1 oz. angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/4 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- cheese of your choice, shredded or cut into mini cubes
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- Boil pot of salted water and cook pasta to al dente.
- Drain then submerge in a large bowl of ice water for a few minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Take a plastic fork and bend back two of the tines. If you have a cocktail fork or chopsticks, those will do! Start twirling the pasta into mini mounds, each a bit larger than the size of a quarter. Keep going until you have about 9 pasta balls on a plate. Freeze uncovered for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together the bread crumbs and milk until moistened.
- In another bowl, beat the egg and mix in the minced garlic.
- In a large bowl, crumble the ground beef and Italian sausage. Add the Italian seasoning and salt. Pour in the egg mixture, the bread crumb mixture and mix it all together.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 20 minutes.
- Remove pasta balls from freezer.
- Start forming little patties from the meat mixtures, about 3 tablespoons each.
- Place one pasta ball on the patty then top with cheese.
- Fold up the sides of the meat and roll into shape. Add a bit more meat on top if any pasta or cheese is exposed.
- Cover and chill stuffed meatballs for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the meatballs 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or greased foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve with sauce of your choice. I used simple garlic red sauce and topped them with the left over cheese.
By attosa from Los Angeles, CA
Add your voice to the conversation.