Spider Repellent Recipe

Is there a natural, safe repellent that I could put on the house so that the spiders won't get established? I live near a lake, which hatches little bugs in clouds. This brings the tiny spiders that blanket the buildings and landscape plants around here. It's very ugly. I don't want to kill them, because more would be arriving soon.

Kim from Moses Lake, Eastern WA

Answers:

Spider Repellent Recipe

Don't know if this works, but was talking to a friend who went to visit another friend and they had bundles of clover tied in the barn and he told her that spiders don't like clover. So if you know someone who lives in the country grab some clover and give it a try. (10/06/2008)

By PICO

Spider Repellent Recipe

Yes, it is a good bet to try hedgeapple (or osage orange, same thing) "fruits". These look like green, bumpy oranges and have a citrus-y smell. They chased away the spiders in my bathroom, and looked nice in a basket on the counter. (10/12/2008)

By Deb

Spider Repellent Recipe

Be very careful about using mothballs in your home. The chemical [naptha, I think] is toxic to our liver and the smell will always be present, long after the mothballs are gone. There are enough chemicals present in our lives that weaken our immune system and promote disease without our deliberately bringing them into our homes. (11/07/2008)

By Mary Alice

Spider Repellent Recipe

Just used some hair spray (Schwarzkoph super hard) to flush out a spider from a window sill. They curl up and stop moving if you spray them enough. I'll try using some vinegar and oil to repel further spider incursions. (12/01/2008)

By Joe the Plumber

Spider Repellent Recipe

Diatomaceous Earth is a natural way to get rid of any insect or bug. Its safe to use around pets as well and comes in a food grade form. Farmers use it to worm their livestock. Humans consume it to remove parasites and sprinkling it in your carpet, around your home or in the grass will completely rid your home of insects and bugs. Keep in mind, if you use this method, you will also kill a lot of good bugs. Not to mention earth worms. So I personally only use it indoors for fleas, ticks, and spiders. (12/27/2008)

By Rachel

Spider Repellent Recipe

Here in New Zealand we have a problem with white tail spiders. There is a product called 30 Seconds Cob Web remover. Its made from acetic acid (vinegar), capsicum (chili peppers), soaps, and oils. It says its 100% natural. You just spray it on and it breaks down the cobwebs and leaves a film which is odourless and helps prevent spiders building cobwebs. You could try mixing your own with similar ingredients. I have had success with essential oils, liquid soap and water sprayed interior and exterior. (01/31/2009)

By Milly

Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
Two kids standing in the rain wearing colorful rain boots.
Making Fabric Water Repellent
Spider Veins
Spider Vein Remedies
Spider decoration on a light fixture.
Making a Spider Egg Sac Light Cover
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Black Widow Spider Costume
🎉
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on December 8, 2016 at 5:01:21 PM on 10.0.1.111 in 929 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.