What Is This Houseplant? (Spider Plant)

Category House Plants
This popular evergreen perinnel is scientifically know as chlorophytum comosum. Spider plants throw many baby plants that root wherever they touch soil. This is a guide about what is this houseplant? (spider plant).

I was given this plant as a gift along with other gorgeous plants in one large planter. I recognized the other plants, but have no idea what species this one is. The ends of the very thin and very light grass-like leaves are getting yellow all the time. I tried to place the plant in different location in my house with the same result - the leaves still have yellow ends.

I don't know the name or how to take care of it and I can't find any info on the websites that offer "plant identifiers".
Thanks.

Answers

Best Answer

You have healthy looking spider plant and the care is minimal so you are probably taking care of it properly.

• This is a great plant for hanging baskets because in spring, spider plants should begin producing flowers, eventually developing into babies, or spider plant spiderettes that hang from the mother plant.
  • These can be left to continue multiplying or they can be cut and planted to begin another planting.
  • Generally, spider plant leaves browning is not a problem. Browning of leaf tips is quite normal and will not harm the plant.
  • This is often the result of fluoride found in water, which causes salt buildup in the soil. It usually helps to periodically leach plants by giving them a thorough watering to flush out excess salts. Be sure to allow the water to drain out and repeat as needed. It may also help to use distilled water or even rainwater on plants instead of that from the kitchen or outside faucet.

here is an excellent link that provides a lot of information on how to care for this plant.

https://www.gar  pider-plants.htm

It looks like a spider plant

Your plant looks to me like a "spider plant". The leaves can vary a little in color shade but they are very easy to care for.

Just be sure to let the soil dry between watering. You can over water and that may cause the leaves to yellow much like over watering a lawn.