Squash Rotting on the Vine

The fruit of my zucchini and crookneck squash plants is growing more slowly than usual and the tips of the fruit are getting soft and rotten. Anyone know what's going on? The plants otherwise look healthy.

By Gary D.

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

July 3, 2011 Flag

My yellow squash was growing fine and all of a sudden in about 2 days the small squash fruit turned black and shriveled. What happened?

Thank you.

By as

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I had the same problem with my zucchini plant last year. Usually the first blossoms die because you need a male and female blossom flowering at the same time to produce zucchini.

Growing Summer Squash
Growing Summer Squash
Home and Garden Gardening GrowingJune 17, 2011
Zucchini Growing
Zucchini Rotting on the Vine
Trumpet Vine Seed Pods
Starting a Trumpet Vine From Seed Pods
Pickled Pumpkin
Pickled Squash Recipes
Trumpet Vine Losing Leaves
Trumpet Vine Losing Leaves
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 18, 2017 at 11:14:41 AM on 10.0.0.126 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.