Squirrels in My Attic

I just found out I probably have squirrels in my attic. My townhouse is connected to my neighbor and today I saw two running back and forth along the gutter we share and then her squirrel; ran under the soffit and disappeared.

I don't know if my squirrel followed into my neighbor's attic or disappeared into my attic. I don't have any hanging damage that I can see as yet. Do they come in at night? What can I use to get them out of my attic? Thanks for your help. They have already destroyed 1 or more soffits really badly.

By Deby from Hillsborough, NJ

Answers:

Squirrels in My Attic

This can be a serious problem because if the squirrels are in the attic they can chew through wiring and cause a house fire. They will continue to chew on everything in sight and can actually chew through the attic and come into your living area. They are looking for a place to have their young so please get professional help while the problem is only two squirrels. I have seen the damage caused by these animals and it can get expensive to fix. (07/27/2010)

By grannygirl

Squirrels in My Attic

Contact the people who are in charge of your HOA. You probably pay a fee each month for the up keep of the outside of the building. They should have the problem taken care of. (07/27/2010)

By Danialle

Squirrels in My Attic

I had that problem with our home in Maryland. They would come in through the opening for the air conditioning line that was made just under the gutter. One company wanted to repair all the faucets and that would not have taken care of the problem. So, I would be sure that is the way that they are getting in.

Second, if you have access to the attic you can put a radio in the attic and set it on a Talk Radio station to discourage them from coming in. I fixed my squirrel invasion with spray and puffy insulation that hardens like Styrofoam. I hope this helps. (07/27/2010)

By pwsmith5858

Squirrels in My Attic

Don't want to alarm you, but it's time to call an exterminator. Other animals like rats and mice will follow the scent of the squirrels urine and pretty soon it will be an animal free for all in your attic. (07/27/2010)

By lovethosehounds

Squirrels in My Attic

They are just as bad as wood rats. You need to get a contractor out there to replace and fix any loose boards, and close the entry to keep them from getting in. I had this problem 5 years ago. So far I have not had anymore trouble. (07/30/2010)

By sickandsexy

Squirrels in My Attic
Squirrels going through fascia board into attic.
Keeping Squirrels Out of Your Attic
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Squirrel Eating From Bird Feeder
Keeping Squirrels Away (Deterring Squirrels)
Cats in the Attic
Cats in the Attic
🎉
🎄