Stains on a Cast Iron Tub

I live in an older home and the one white cast iron tub is looking very yellow. Also the drip from the faucet has left a stain down the side. Any tips on getting it back to pretty, clean and white without resurfacing the tub?

By Mason's Mommy

In my experience, most tub stains and sink stains are caused by hard water build up. It is a lime scale that can often be easily dissolved with full strength vinegar. If that doesn't do the trick, switch to something like CLR. If the yellow stains on the porcelain are not just from hard water, but are from something that has stained the actual porcelain, you may have to use a different product.

I have an older house, it too has an old cast iron tub. It has rust stains down the inside, from a previous dripping faucet. I used the toilet bowl cleaner purchased at Dollar Tree on it. The stain is gone, it didn't hurt my tub any.

Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomJune 29, 2011
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Claw Foot Tub in Bright Bathroom
Cleaning a Claw Foot Tub
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub
🎄
🍂