Stains on a Dooney and Bourke Purse

I purchased a light brown suede Dooney and Bourke bag and wore the bag once. I noticed that it had a dirt spot on the bottom of the purse, probably from being handled by the sales staff at Macy's. After I wore it on New Years Eve, I put the bag away in the closet in the blue storage bag that they provided. I pulled it out recently after almost one year and it now looks as if I had worn it all year. It has several blue stains from the bag and other dark spots on the purse. Do I call the manufacturer to clean my bag?

Michelle from Indianapolis, IN

Answers:

Stains on a Dooney and Bourke Purse

I would contact the store that provided the bag along with the Dooney and Bourke company and plead your case. They might even provide you with a new purse. My daughter had a problem with an expensive clock/radio once and called the company to complain. They sent her a brand new one! I know the purse is a more expensive item than the clock/radio but the concept is the same. Good Luck! (01/08/2009)

By Bittyfrog

Stains on a Dooney and Bourke Purse

Has anyone ever considered a class action suit? It is really ridiculous. I spent a lot of money on that bag and I want my money's worth. I should also have stuck with coach. I have never, never had a problem with coach. (02/11/2009)

By nurse2010