Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Starting Eucalyptus from a Cutting

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Eucalyptus Branches

Although usually started from seed, rooting can be a challenge with this kind of woody plant. This guide is about starting eucalyptus from a cutting.

Here are questions related to Starting Eucalyptus from a Cutting.

Question: Can Eucalyptus Be Rooted in Water?

Can you root eucalyptus in water and then plant in Tennessee? I have a cutting from one that is growing here. It's been in water for a long time, but I don't see any roots. Any suggestions?

Karen from Bolivar, TN

Best Answer

By Heather, Australia (Guest Post)06/10/2008

Sorry Karen, you can't grow eucalyptus trees from cuttings. Only seed and the seed needs to be scarified. I am not sure what type of weather and soil you have in Tennessee. Australian plants like acid soil and definitely no lime or fertilizers. Most of Australia is either hot or temperate. Snow falls only in a couple of the high country areas in southern NSW and northern Victoria. Most Australian plants aren't suited to snow but there are snow gums (eucalyptus) and a few smaller plants. Hope this helps.

Heather, Australia

Solutions: Starting Eucalyptus from a Cutting

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!