Storing Bobby Pins

Bobby pins seem to often end up all over the bathroom and other areas of the house. This is a guide about storing bobby pins.

December 9, 2010 Flag

If you are tired of bobby pins being scattered throughout the house, try out this tip. Purchase an inexpensive magnetic paperclip holder and keep your pins in there. This will help keep the vacuum cleaner from finding them, and will help save your budget for not having to buy bobby pins so often.

By JSRP from Lincoln, NE

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 2 Comments

March 6, 2013 Flag

I don't like to leave bobby pins on the card they are sold on. I find it hard to get them off and on when I am trying to do my hair. Because of this, they tend to make quite a mess in my drawer. To solve this problem I started storing them in an empty Altoids tins. It also makes it easy to take them with me if I need to.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 18, 2013 Flag

In your bathroom, for bobby pin users, place a magnetic pin holder (like the on you use for keeping your sewing straight pins) so the user may keep the bobby pins in one place.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 9, 2010 Flag

I, like many other women, have problems keeping my bobby pins together. They usually end up lost or spilled. So when I need one, I can never find one. Here is a nifty idea I came up with.

I decided to place all my bobby pins in one of the paper clip holders with the magnet. It does the same thing for bobby pins as it does for paper clips, keeps them in place neatly and conveniently. Once I am done with them, I put the holder in my medicine cabinet. When you take them off, you drop them back in the holder to save and re use. Beats the awkward cardboard packaging they come in.

By Tomnsaby from Albuquerque, NM

Answers:

Keep Bobby Pins in a Paper Clip Holder

I don't use bobby pins anymore but that's a great idea! That would also work well for straight pins, needles, paper clips, etc :-) (09/14/2009)

By Deeli

Keep Bobby Pins in a Paper Clip Holder

I love this idea. My daughter uses bobby pins and I find them all over the house. I'll be getting a paper clip holder for her to use. (09/14/2009)

By Momof1

Keep Bobby Pins in a Paper Clip Holder

A magnetic key holder works well for these types of items and then can be placed inside your medicine cabinet mirror if it is metal. (10/06/2009)

By Danialle

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Organizing BathroomMarch 27, 2014
Push Pins
Alternatives to Push Pins
push pins on a bulletin board
Substitutes for Push Pins
Making Fabric Pins
Making Fabric Pins
Photo of elastic hair ties.
Organizing Hair Accessories
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 2:39:08 PM on 10.0.2.167 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.