Making Button Bobby Pins
Create your own unique bobby pins by adding buttons of your choice. This is a page about making button bobby pins.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Using shank buttons and bobby pins you can create fun and unique hair accessories that will make girls of any age smile.
Approximate Time: 5 minutes, each
- shank buttons
- bobby pins
- Go through your button stash and find some cute shank buttons.
These are the buttons that have the loop in the back for attaching them to fabrics. I like to buy my buttons in bulk from large craft stores and there are always gobs of cute shank buttons that I have no idea what to do with, but hate to throw out since they are so darn cute!
- Assemble your needle, thread, and bobby pins along with the shank buttons you chose.
- Thread your needle and place the shank button between the ends of the bobby pin so that it is lying flat against the button.
- Sew the thread through the shank.
- Pull the thread through the ends of the bobby pin and loop back through the shank.
- Knot the thread each time you pass it through the shank. Make sure to alternate coming up through the shank from both sides, as to ensure a tight adhesion.
By Teri M from Omaha, NE
January 11, 20120 found this helpful
I wouldn't go through the trouble of threading them on unless you plan on selling them. Just putting the bobby pin through the shank would be sufficient.
January 13, 20120 found this helpful
Cute Idea! I use charms like from necklaces to slip on to bobby pins. Hair charms :)