Storing Coffee Filters

It's nice to find a convenient way to store your filters so the retain their shape. This guide is about storing coffee filters.

Coffee Filter on Brown Background

May 11, 2007 Flag

My fiance came home one day and got out the coffee, filters and canister. He said he was in line at 7-11 and noticed the attendant filling up the coffee filters then stacking them aside. Soooo, we now do the same thing. We put the coffee in the filters then stack them in the canister, and they are all ready for coffee the next time we need to make a pot. Sure is nice to have them ready and waiting!

By Jackie from Orlando, Florida

I used to work at StarBucks and they did this as well for their "Coffe of the Day". They stack the pre-measured filled filters on top of each other in a tall coffee can type container. Makes it so much easier!

Am I reading this right? You're not saying that you mean to prefill many filters until ready to use for several days? The coffee shops use coffee as fast as they can make it. Families usually don't. Coffee tastes best when fresh, right? There's a little effort saved by doing it the night before, but I'd think it might get dried out/a little stale, if stored a few days or a week in advance?If placed in an air tight container, I see no problem, nor a great deal of time saved, as well as a LOT of difficulty getting the filters out without spilling? God bless you. : )

I am wondering about coffee grounds that might stick to the bottom of the filter and then you would have grounds in your coffee. I am not a coffee drinker but my husband is and I just prepare it the night before. As far as losing flavor? I have no idea but he has never complained.

I pre-fill all the time. I have two containers from Tuppereware for coffee. I set out 10 coffee filters, fill them and then stack them in the one container. They're ready to just pop into the coffe pot which I always set up the night before. And no I have never had grounds stick to the bottom of the filter. I like the bulk assembly. Beats doing the step by step thing every single night. Saves time and effort!

March 30, 2010 Flag

Does anyone have any advice on how to keep coffee filters in their original shape; space efficient? My filters have already lost their shape within a week, in the bag, making coffee grounds spill over. Any great ideas?

Thank you.

By Daisy from FL

I have been using a coffee can (metal or plastic), and they never lose their shape.

I have a tupperware container for coffee and one for the filters that also came with a measuring spoon that has a rubber tip on the end of the spoon handle. The spoon fits in the top of the container for storage. I've had this set for many, many years.

A plastic container that fits your coffee filters, a measuring spoon with a short pencil with a good eraser on the end taped to the handle of the measuring spoon would work just as well for easy accessability of your coffee filters.

Keep the spoon in the container with the filters so it will be there to measure your coffee and get the filter out of the container.

Okay, I absolutely love the sewing the filter idea. The brand of coffee I use changed from a tin coffee can to a short bulky blue plastic one. I thought of putting them into an old can too. It is too wide, not to mention too large to have 2 at a time.

I also like the small dishes but think that will be too our of place. I only two cabinets, one for dishes and one for my coffee & spices and such. My counters are also too small for a canister set-talk about tiny!

I appreciate all of the feedback and help :-) I drink a lot of coffee so I'll just sew them weekly with every new can and put them back in, brilliant idea, like tea bags. Thank you all!

I use a Ziplock 3 cup plastic storage container. It will keep 50 round filters at a time in perfect shape.

May 11, 2012 Flag

I have been dealing with my coffee filters in plastic bags since my cute tin rusted out about ten years ago. I had resigned myself to a life of tacky plastic bags on my counter.

Oxy Clean Box used for coffee filters

Food and Recipes Food TipsJune 5, 2012
Pleated paper coffee filter
Separating Paper Coffee Filters
Beautiful coffee filter flowers in jars fiilled with rocks
Crafts Using Coffee Filters
furnace air filter
Reusing Air Cleaner Filters
Coffee filter with coffee in it.
Saving Money on Coffee Filters