Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Storing Coffee Filters

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Coffee Filter on Brown Background

It's nice to find a convenient way to store your filters so the retain their shape. This guide is about storing coffee filters.

Solutions: Storing Coffee Filters

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Recycled Coffee Filter Box

Oxy Clean Box used for coffee filtersI emptied a container of OXY Clean today. I have been dealing with my coffee filters in plastic bags since my cute tin rusted out about ten years ago. Since I don't use the margarine boxes and cottage cheese containers are too tall and narrow I had resigned myself to a life of tacky plastic bags on my counter.

I looked at the plastic container and my old wrinkled up brain started working. I suppose if you are creative (I'm not) you could decorate it in some way. Here it is. It takes up less space and will sit on top of my canister without jumping off.

By Marty D. from Knoxville, TN

Tip: Prefilling Coffee Filters

My fiance came home one day and got out the coffee, filters and canister. He said he was in line at 7-11 and noticed the attendant filling up the coffee filters then stacking them aside. Soooo, we now do the same thing. We put the coffee in the filters then stack them in the canister, and they are all ready for coffee the next time we need to make a pot. Sure is nice to have them ready and waiting!

By Jackie from Orlando, Florida

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Storing Coffee Filters.

Question: Coffee Filters Lose Their Shape

Does anyone have any advice on how to keep coffee filters in their original shape; space efficient? My filters have already lost their shape within a week, in the bag, making coffee grounds spill over. Any great ideas?

Thank you.

By Daisy from FL

Most Recent Answer

By Daisy03/31/2010

Okay, I absolutely love the sewing the filter idea. The brand of coffee I use changed from a tin coffee can to a short bulky blue plastic one. I thought of putting them into an old can too. It is too wide, not to mention too large to have 2 at a time.

I also like the small dishes but think that will be too our of place. I only two cabinets, one for dishes and one for my coffee & spices and such. My counters are also too small for a canister set-talk about tiny!

I appreciate all of the feedback and help :-) I drink a lot of coffee so I'll just sew them weekly with every new can and put them back in, brilliant idea, like tea bags. Thank you all!