Browsing: Storing Coffee Filters

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Storing Coffee Filters

It's nice to find a convenient way to store your filters so the retain their shape. This guide is about storing coffee filters.

Coffee Filter on Brown Background
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

March 30, 2010 Flag

Does anyone have any advice on how to keep coffee filters in their original shape; space efficient? My filters have already lost their shape within a week, in the bag, making coffee grounds spill over. Any great ideas?

Thank you.

By Daisy from FL

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have a tupperware container for coffee and one for the filters that also came with a measuring spoon that has a rubber tip on the end of the spoon handle. The spoon fits in the top of the container for storage. I've had this set for many, many years.

A plastic container that fits your coffee filters, a measuring spoon with a short pencil with a good eraser on the end taped to the handle of the measuring spoon would work just as well for easy accessability of your coffee filters.

Keep the spoon in the container with the filters so it will be there to measure your coffee and get the filter out of the container.

Okay, I absolutely love the sewing the filter idea. The brand of coffee I use changed from a tin coffee can to a short bulky blue plastic one. I thought of putting them into an old can too. It is too wide, not to mention too large to have 2 at a time.

I also like the small dishes but think that will be too our of place. I only two cabinets, one for dishes and one for my coffee & spices and such. My counters are also too small for a canister set-talk about tiny!

I appreciate all of the feedback and help :-) I drink a lot of coffee so I'll just sew them weekly with every new can and put them back in, brilliant idea, like tea bags. Thank you all!

I use a Ziplock 3 cup plastic storage container. It will keep 50 round filters at a time in perfect shape.

I had a large margarine container that was empty and discovered that the large coffee filters fit inside it perfectly! The lid keeps them covered and clean. It's so much better than having them in the flimsy plastic bag they're sold in.

Read More Answers...

May 11, 2007 Flag

My fiance came home one day and got out the coffee, filters and canister. He said he was in line at 7-11 and noticed the attendant filling up the coffee filters then stacking them aside. Soooo, we now do the same thing. We put the coffee in the filters then stack them in the canister, and they are all ready for coffee the next time we need to make a pot. Sure is nice to have them ready and waiting!

By Jackie from Orlando, Florida

May 11, 2012 Flag

Oxy Clean Box used for coffee filtersI emptied a container of OXY Clean today. I have been dealing with my coffee filters in plastic bags since my cute tin rusted out about ten years ago. Since I don't use the margarine boxes and cottage cheese containers are too tall and narrow I had resigned myself to a life of tacky plastic bags on my counter.

I looked at the plastic container and my old wrinkled up brain started working. I suppose if you are creative (I'm not) you could decorate it in some way. Here it is. It takes up less space and will sit on top of my canister without jumping off.

By Marty D. from Knoxville, TN

Food and Recipes Food TipsJune 5, 2012
Pleated paper coffee filter
Separating Paper Coffee Filters
Beautiful coffee filter flowers in jars fiilled with rocks
Crafts Using Coffee Filters
furnace air filter
Reusing Air Cleaner Filters
Coffee filter with coffee in it.
Saving Money on Coffee Filters
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 10:10:06 PM on 10.0.0.77 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.