Stretch Fruit Juice

I found that our family was drinking an excessive amount of fruit juice, which is both expensive and has more calories than we really need. I now make a large batch of naturally decaffeinated herbal tea and mix in fruit juice to taste. Since tea is less expensive and has no calories, we're saving both ways.

Almost any kind of juice works, though I find that those with less pulp go over better with my family. In the beginning, I was mixing about equal parts of tea and juice. Now I've gotten everyone used to 2 parts tea to 1 part juice.

Source: Something I remember Grandpa doing

By cdoss from Cincinnati, OH

On the Dr. Oz show yesterday, the subject was ovarian cancer. He and a cancer expert said that drinking two cups of black tea a day cuts the risk of ovarian cancer by 40 percent.

I find that most fruit is just too sweet anyway. I always buy 100% juice and then add water to them to cut the sweetness. My grand son of 3 yrs doesn't notice the difference and it is less calories for me.

I used to always add tea to my lemonade-or visa versa, in about the same proportions you do with the juice. My grandkids live with their other grandma, she makes them juice & dilutes it to 1/2 juice & 1/2 water - they call it "wa-juice" & the kids think it's special!

I have been diluting my 100% juice with just plain water, but I think I like your idea of using the herbal teas even better. I have lots of those and enjoy them in the afternoon almost daily. I'm going to start diluting my juice with it too, and see if my bunch of college young people will drink it with me.

They're all medical students, and I have to commend them on leaving the soda pop at the grocery stores or in the machines where they belong. I do like to offer them something that's healthy since they are usually eating on the run as it is. This sounds like something they'll appreciate.

Thank you for the wonderful idea.

I've been mixing fruit juice with green tea for years. Green tea is preferable to other teas because it's mostly flavor-neutral and color-neutral. And unlike most herbal teas, which aren't true teas, green tea has proven health benefits.

Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesMay 26, 2011
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
strawberry spritzer
Fruit Juice Spritzer Recipes
Frozen Juice Containers on White Background
Reusing Frozen Juice Containers
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks