Stretching Shoes

I would like to know how to stretch shoes.

By Linda

Answers:

Stretching Shoes

To stretch shoes, you need to wear them.
(06/14/2010)

By teensout01

Stretching Shoes

Put on some thin white socks. Pour rubbing alcohol on the part of the sock where the shoe needs stretching. Put the shoes on and walk around in them for a few hours. Your shoes should be stretched out just where you want them to be.

This works for leather shoes, I'm not sure about man made materials.

Good luck! (06/15/2010)

By metroplex

Stretching Shoes

Alcohol works for me. I actually have poured alcohol in the shoe and put it on. You can stretch them too much so go slow. (06/16/2010)

By Lilac

Stretching Shoes

Buy shoe tree stretchers. It is a wooden foot form that has a screwing motion to it. Insert the obvious toe part into shoe, dial until it fits fully. Then slide the back into place, and wait for a few days to see how much it has stretched.
Remember leather shoes can be stretched. Man made fabrics of any kind can't. You will tear the shoe.

If in doubt, look up a shoe shop that sells quality shoes. If they can't help stretch them for a fee, they may know of a Shoe shop/Leather Repair. Sadly, this is a dying art. We grew up with shoe shops, where you took your shoes during the week to be highly polished if you could afford it. My father's went about monthly. Cost w as about $.50. Kept our shoes in repair, fixed straps, etc. but there was no such thing as shoes not made of leather unless it was 'flip flops' known then as thongs or canvas tennis shoes. Quality workmanship at the best. (06/16/2010)

By TandT Grandma

Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
Nail Polish
Stretching Nail Polish
Liquid Hand Soap
Stretching Liquid Hand Soap
🎄
🍂