Stretching Nail Polish

I had some nail polish that was getting too thick to use, so instead of throwing it away, I poured nail polish remover in it. I just poured a little at a time. Shake it good and if it's still too thick, add a little more. Do this until you can put on your nails smoothly. Nail polish is getting expensive now, so I have to be thrifty. Some bottles are $5.00 or $6.00. Can't throw them away, just fix them - thin them down!

Also, if you have a color that you think is too light, just mix in a darker color. Too dark, pour in a lighter color. I have made some pretty colors doing this and saved money. Give it a try, it really works!

By dorothy wedenoja from New Creek, WV

3 More Solutions

When your nail polish begins to thicken either just dip your nail polish brush into non-acetone nail polish remover and replace the brush back into the bottle and roll it in your hands. Never shake a bottle of nail polish or you get bubbles in it!

police and remover bottles

Keep your fingernail polish in the refrigerator. It keeps forever and never gets thick. By Karen

I have a favorite nail polish and I'm about to run out before my other hand is done. Is there any way to add something to stretch it?

franz2nutty

Answers

Local beauty supply stores have a nail thinner you can add. Don't add remover as some people try. Cheap nail salons use the thinner so they have to buy less polish. But it works in a pinch.

If polish is thick or almost gone, I put in just a drop or two of nail polish remover. It thins out super thick polish or gets the polish to not be coating the walls of the bottle.

By (Guest Post)

Don't know what to use to stretch the polish - but I do know that if you put nail polish remover in it your polish will be dull and ugly on your nails.

By Diana (Guest Post)

how about some clear nail polish?

I've used pure acetone in a pinch. I keep it in one of the nail polish remover bottles that has a squirt lid, that way I can use it to put a few drops in the polish. Regular polish remover is not good. It has other stuff in it that just makes a mess. I don't do it all the time, but I have rescued old or running out polish before.

Answer this Question
Health & Beauty Beauty Nail TipsApril 16, 2014
🍀
🌻
🐰
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Stretching-Nail-Polish-1.html