Stretching Shrunken Cotton Clothing

Does anyone know how to stretch jeans that have shrunk?

By Lora from TN

Answers:

Stretching Shrunken Cotton Clothing

Hi. You cannot stretch a woven fabric like denim. The only thing you can do is to take them out of the dryer soon after the wrinkle goes out of them. Roughly 5 minutes. Hope this helps! (01/01/2010)

By caninecodependent

Stretching Shrunken Cotton Clothing

While they are still wet pull them over the back of a chair, let them stay til dry. Good luck. (01/01/2010)

By kffrmw88

Stretching Shrunken Cotton Clothing

You could use pants stretchers. These are metal frames inserted into wet pants to make a crease, and dry them. They are available at a website called Lehman's. (01/02/2010)

By Omanana

Stretching Shrunken Cotton Clothing

I'm not convinced that you cannot stretch denim. I had a pair that shrunk and while they were still wet I pulled them length wise and across the middle section. I hung them over the shower curtain rod and every so often I'd go and pull again. Unless I gained overnight; they were stretched and they still fit. Now I just put them in the dryer for a very short time and hang them to dry. I do that with all my clothes. If it's just the length you're concerned about I'd hang them on a pants hanger so the weight of the water would stretch them. (01/06/2010)

By TXBetty

young woman trying to button too tight jeans
Stretching Shrunken Cotton Clothing
Nail Polish
Stretching Nail Polish
Removing Permanent Marker from Hair
Flair Pen on Cotton Clothing
Knitted Sweaters
Stretching Shrunken Wool Garments
Liquid Hand Soap
Stretching Liquid Hand Soap
🎄
🍂