Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Sunset Photos

The vibrant colors of a sunset make it a popular subject for photographers. This page contains sunset photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

January 14, 2011 Flag

This is one of the last photos I ever took with a regular camera before I switched over to digital. I remember rushing home from classes one day because I wanted to snap a photo of the sky. My old cat was on my fence so I thought it would make a great double whammy. :)

By attosa

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

I love your picture! That is awesome!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

March 17, 2017 Flag

Photo Description
I was looking out my front patio door and wow, I seen the most awesome two toned sunset. What was really cool was that it was dark on one side and light on the other side of the sky. It looked like Yin and Yang out there.

Photo Location
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

It was nice but the black thing deters from it. Can you get someone to photo shop it out?

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

February 9, 2017 Flag

Photo Description
On a night before the sun goes down, the sky will glow. It projects rays of color throughout the sky, all I did was capture those rays.

Photo Location
Ottumwa, Iowa

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

I love sunsets each one is a one of a kind. It just makes your soul feel good looking at the natural beauty that surrounds us. It's a simple pleasure that money can't buy.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Sunset on the Ohio River

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 29

I took this picture in July while fishing the Ohio River. This is my family's favorite place to fish. We love sitting on the river bank watching the sunset.

The sunset view from a trampoline in winter.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

I live in mid-Illinois. My girls and I have been taking complete advantage of the recent beautiful spring-like weather we have been having.

A golden sunset over the water and behind some clouds.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 15

I walked on the seven mile bridge and waited for the sunset. It was well worth the wait. There is nothing more beautiful than seeing those brilliant orange rays coming from behind the clouds.

Painted Sky Sunset

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 21

We have gorgeous sunsets here. This one was taken out our front door. This one was so vivid pink I just had to capture it. The silhouetted trees add to the beauty.

Winter tree with golden sunset.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 13

Sunsets are gorgeous where I am. I go out my door and this is what I see. Last night it was more vivid than normal. The pic with the tree was out my front door and the sky view with clouds was out my back door.

2 boys at sunset

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 19

This is my 7 year old son and his friend who stopped skipping stones to watch the sun go down.

Scenery: Brilliant Sunset (Muncie, IN)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 14

Heading out to check the mail I saw this awesome sunset. Living in Indiana with no mountains can be frustrating when the winds come, no mountains to calm them down.

Sunset Sail, Bandon, OR

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

At our new home in Bandon, my husband and I are lucky enough to be able to be in walking distance to pretty little Old Town, it's petite harbor, and even the beach!

Scenery: Sunset (Lyle, WA)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

Sunset and sunrises are our speciality overlooking the Columbia River Gorge!

Cottage Grove Sunset

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

The sky was so pretty at sunset driving home from fishing I couldn't resist taking a picture.

Person on the beach.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 13

My friend and I went camping during the summer near the Oregon coast. We went to the beach just before sunset and we were both taking photos. Later, just as the sun was almost over I moved back trying to get just the sunset but my friend unknowingly was in the way.

Comment Like this photo? 12

"Do, Do, Do, looking out my back door." Actually, this was taken from my front door, lol. I did not use a filter, this is the actual color of this beautiful Rhode Island sunset.

A sunset in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

This is a picture we took on vacation at my cousin's house in Nova Scotia. My young cousin describes them as cotton candy clouds!

Comment Like this photo? 14

I happened to look out my window one evening and thought that the back half of our hillside was on fire. My hubby and I went out to investigate and were relieved to see that it wasn't a fire but a glorious sunset instead!

Sunset over the lake.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 13

We attended a circus here where, you can imagine, I took many pictures. But the sunset that greeted us as we were leaving was the best shot. Simply beautiful!

Sunset Through the Trees

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

Since my yard faces west, I am lucky enough to get a different sunset every day. This is one of my very favorites because it includes an oak tree budding in spring.

yellow and orange sunset with clouds

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

This was last night's amazing sunset, out in the country side of Oklahoma. It's not uncommon to see such lovely views in the evening out here, but they are particularly nice in the fall when the weather is nice. Clean, country air and a lack of artificial light sources really add to the clarity.

Comment Like this photo? 13

Colorful sunset over Chihowee Dam in East Tennessee.

sunset

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

This picture was taken outside of my apartment building in Redford, MI on 1/2/11 in the parking lot.

Closeup of buildings and sunset.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 29

While traveling, I stopped at a travel center in Big Cabin, Oklahoma to enjoy a walk with my dog. I didn't get far before noticing the amazing sunset that evening. Luckily I was still close enough to my vehicle to grab my camera.

Orane Sunset With Trees in Foreground

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

It was getting late in the day when I noticed an orange glow outside. I grabbed my camera and captured this beautiful sight. I couldn't get over how brilliant the orange color was outside.

Comment Like this photo? 10

This photo was taken on Okracoke Island Outer Banks, NC on our honeymoon. We were married Memorial Day weekend of 2009 and spent 8 wonderful days touring the Eastern coast of North Carolina. What a beautiful sunset and memory.

Load More
Photos SceneryJune 30, 2013
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
old photo
Determining the Value of Historic Photos
Family Taking Digital Photos
Transferring Digital Photos to Your Computer
Washington State Ferry at Sunset
Washington State Sunset Photos
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2017 at 12:10:51 AM on 10.0.0.252 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.