Sunset Photos

The vibrant colors of a sunset make it a popular subject for photographers. This page contains sunset photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

February 9, 2017 Flag

Photo Description
On a night before the sun goes down, the sky will glow. It projects rays of color throughout the sky, all I did was capture those rays.

Photo Location
Ottumwa, Iowa

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

I love sunsets each one is a one of a kind. It just makes your soul feel good looking at the natural beauty that surrounds us. It's a simple pleasure that money can't buy.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

January 14, 2011 Flag

This is one of the last photos I ever took with a regular camera before I switched over to digital. I remember rushing home from classes one day because I wanted to snap a photo of the sky. My old cat was on my fence so I thought it would make a great double whammy. :)

By attosa

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

I love your picture! That is awesome!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

May 31, 2011 Flag

I walked on the seven mile bridge and waited for the sunset. It was well worth the wait. There is nothing more beautiful than seeing those brilliant orange rays coming from behind the clouds.

By Alejandra

A golden sunset over the water and behind some clouds.

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Just beautiful. I've driven over that bridge a few times, but it was pretty much bumper-to-bumper to traffic. You were lucky to be able to walk on it and get such a great picture. I don't know which is prettier, the water under that bridge or the sky over that bridge. Both are something you don't forget.

Enjoyed seeing your picture.

SWMike

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

October 18, 2010 Flag

Painted Sky Sunset

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

We have gorgeous sunsets here. This one was taken out our front door. This one was so vivid pink I just had to capture it. The silhouetted trees add to the beauty.

January 17, 2013 Flag

Winter tree with golden sunset.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Sunsets are gorgeous where I am. I go out my door and this is what I see. Last night it was more vivid than normal. The pic with the tree was out my front door and the sky view with clouds was out my back door.

July 27, 2010 Flag

2 boys at sunset

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This is my 7 year old son and his friend who stopped skipping stones to watch the sun go down.

April 27, 2012 Flag

Cottage Grove Sunset

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

The sky was so pretty at sunset driving home from fishing I couldn't resist taking a picture.

October 19, 2010 Flag

Person on the beach.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

My friend and I went camping during the summer near the Oregon coast. We went to the beach just before sunset and we were both taking photos. Later, just as the sun was almost over I moved back trying to get just the sunset but my friend unknowingly was in the way.

April 29, 2013 Flag

Sunset Through the Trees

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Since my yard faces west, I am lucky enough to get a different sunset every day. This is one of my very favorites because it includes an oak tree budding in spring.

February 9, 2011 Flag

Sunset over the lake.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

We attended a circus here where, you can imagine, I took many pictures. But the sunset that greeted us as we were leaving was the best shot. Simply beautiful!

January 6, 2012 Flag

A sunset in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This is a picture we took on vacation at my cousin's house in Nova Scotia. My young cousin describes them as cotton candy clouds!

January 22, 2017 Flag

A cloudy sunset over the ocean in the Philippines

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

It was a very serene day for me. As I walk by the seashore witnessing the sunset, I remember that God loves me, that he shares his beautiful works with me, and reminds me that tomorrow is another day, another beginning, and a new life.

January 13, 2011 Flag

sunset

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This picture was taken outside of my apartment building in Redford, MI on 1/2/11 in the parking lot.

November 1, 2016 Flag

yellow and orange sunset with clouds

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This was last night's amazing sunset, out in the country side of Oklahoma. It's not uncommon to see such lovely views in the evening out here, but they are particularly nice in the fall when the weather is nice. Clean, country air and a lack of artificial light sources really add to the clarity.

October 17, 2011 Flag

Orane Sunset With Trees in Foreground

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

It was getting late in the day when I noticed an orange glow outside. I grabbed my camera and captured this beautiful sight. I couldn't get over how brilliant the orange color was outside.

April 7, 2011 Flag

Closeup of buildings and sunset.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

While traveling, I stopped at a travel center in Big Cabin, Oklahoma to enjoy a walk with my dog. I didn't get far before noticing the amazing sunset that evening. Luckily I was still close enough to my vehicle to grab my camera.

April 26, 2011 Flag

Scenery: Sunset

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Waning moon framed in clouds and sunset from our front yard, in the spring of 2010.

July 20, 2010 Flag

Sunset (Horseshoe Lake, AK)

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

We were on our way home from a 4th of July day out with friends and I thought the golden hues were awesome!

July 21, 2010 Flag

Onset Beach Sunset

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This is my favorite beach in Onset. The sunset is always so pretty, people walking by will stop to watch it going down.

October 14, 2016 Flag

sunset in rearview mirror

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

My husband and I recently went on a road trip, all the way from North Carolina to Ohio and back.

December 18, 2011 Flag

Sunet Through Clearing in the Trees

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This is a view from the side of our property facing a pond. My husband and his friend are clearing out our woods and the sunsets are very beautiful. The ducks and geese love to stay there in the summer.

January 16, 2008 Flag

Red and orange sunset.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Red sky at night.

March 20, 2012 Flag

Sunset in Nova Scotia

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This was taken in Nova Scotia at my cousins house. It's beautiful there.

May 14, 2011 Flag

Sunset Perry, SC

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This is a picture of the sunset taken off of my front porch. We have ten acres of land and across the field every afternoon, you can see some awesome sunsets.

October 15, 2010 Flag

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

This is a beautiful sunset over the trees for everyone to see. It had rained all day and everything was wet. Then to make up for having to stay in the house all day, God gave us a beautiful sunset. Oh Lord, Please give me another sunset out here like that one.

April 24, 2007 Flag

This is my backyard view every day. Does it get any better than this?

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes
Load More
Photos SceneryJune 30, 2013
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
old photo
Determining the Value of Historic Photos
Family Taking Digital Photos
Transferring Digital Photos to Your Computer
Washington State Ferry at Sunset
Washington State Sunset Photos
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 7:46:36 PM on 10.0.0.241 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.