Sunset Photos

The vibrant colors of a sunset make it a popular subject for photographers. This page contains sunset photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

January 14, 2011 Flag

This is one of the last photos I ever took with a regular camera before I switched over to digital. I remember rushing home from classes one day because I wanted to snap a photo of the sky. My old cat was on my fence so I thought it would make a great double whammy. :)

By attosa

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 12 Comments

May 31, 2011 Flag

I walked on the seven mile bridge and waited for the sunset. It was well worth the wait. There is nothing more beautiful than seeing those brilliant orange rays coming from behind the clouds.

By Alejandra

A golden sunset over the water and behind some clouds.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 7 Comments

October 18, 2010 Flag

We have gorgeous sunsets here. This one was taken out our front door. This one was so vivid pink I just had to capture it. The silhouetted trees add to the beauty.

By Myst

Painted Sky Sunset

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 3 Comments

January 17, 2013 Flag

Photo Description
Sunsets are gorgeous where I am. I go out my door and this is what I see. Last night it was more vivid than normal. The pic with the tree was out my front door and the sky view with clouds was out my back door. When we moved to Indiana I never realized how beautiful the sunsets would be. Without mountains you can actually see the huge ball of flames hitting the horizon sometimes. Nature at its best :)

Photo Location
Outside my home

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 2 Comments

July 27, 2010 Flag

This is my 7 year old son and his friend who stopped skipping stones to watch the sun go down.

2 boys at sunset

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 27, 2012 Flag

The sky was so pretty at sunset driving home from fishing I couldn't resist taking a picture.

Cottage Grove Sunset

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 19, 2010 Flag

My friend and I went camping during the summer near the Oregon coast. We went to the beach just before sunset and we were both taking photos. Later, just as the sun was almost over I moved back trying to get just the sunset but my friend unknowingly was in the way.

Person on the beach.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 1, 2016 Flag

This was last night's amazing sunset, out in the country side of Oklahoma. It's not uncommon to see such lovely views in the evening out here, but they are particularly nice in the fall when the weather is nice. Clean, country air and a lack of artificial light sources really add to the clarity.

yellow and orange sunset with clouds

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 29, 2013 Flag

Since my yard faces west, I am lucky enough to get a different sunset every day. This is one of my very favorites because it includes an oak tree budding in spring.

Sunset Through the Trees

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 9, 2011 Flag

We attended a circus here where, you can imagine, I took many pictures. But the sunset that greeted us as we were leaving was the best shot. Simply beautiful!

Sunset over the lake.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 6, 2012 Flag

This is a picture we took on vacation at my cousin's house in Nova Scotia. My young cousin describes them as cotton candy clouds!

A sunset in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 13, 2011 Flag

This picture was taken outside of my apartment building in Redford, MI on 1/2/11 in the parking lot.

sunset

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 17, 2011 Flag

It was getting late in the day when I noticed an orange glow outside. I grabbed my camera and captured this beautiful sight. I couldn't get over how brilliant the orange color was outside.

Orane Sunset With Trees in Foreground

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 7, 2011 Flag

While traveling, I stopped at a travel center in Big Cabin, Oklahoma to enjoy a walk with my dog. I didn't get far before noticing the amazing sunset that evening. Luckily I was still close enough to my vehicle to grab my camera.

Closeup of buildings and sunset.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 26, 2011 Flag

Waning moon framed in clouds and sunset from our front yard, in the spring of 2010.

Scenery: Sunset

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 14, 2016 Flag

My husband and I recently went on a road trip, all the way from North Carolina to Ohio and back.

sunset in rearview mirror

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 20, 2010 Flag

We were on our way home from a 4th of July day out with friends and I thought the golden hues were awesome!

Sunset (Horseshoe Lake, AK)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 14, 2014 Flag

Walking along the Venice Beach Boardwalk, I happened to look over at the sun just at the right time.

Walking the boardwalk in Venice,CA and just happened to look at the sunset at the right time...

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 21, 2010 Flag

This is my favorite beach in Onset. The sunset is always so pretty, people walking by will stop to watch it going down.

Onset Beach Sunset

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 18, 2011 Flag

This is a view from the side of our property facing a pond. My husband and his friend are clearing out our woods and the sunsets are very beautiful. The ducks and geese love to stay there in the summer.

Sunet Through Clearing in the Trees

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 16, 2008 Flag

Red sky at night.

Red and orange sunset.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 20, 2012 Flag

This was taken in Nova Scotia at my cousins house. It's beautiful there.

Sunset in Nova Scotia

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 14, 2011 Flag

This is a picture of the sunset taken off of my front porch. We have ten acres of land and across the field every afternoon, you can see some awesome sunsets.

Sunset Perry, SC

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 15, 2010 Flag

This is a beautiful sunset over the trees for everyone to see. It had rained all day and everything was wet. Then to make up for having to stay in the house all day, God gave us a beautiful sunset. Oh Lord, Please give me another sunset out here like that one.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 24, 2007 Flag

This is my backyard view every day. Does it get any better than this?

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 2, 2010 Flag

This was taken July 4th 2009 at the beach at sunset at Beachwood, New Jersey. A Typical Jersey Shore Town!

July 4th Beach Sunset

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 7, 2011 Flag

I was shopping downtown and before I went inside the Arts and Crafts store, I noticed how beautiful the sunset was. I grabbed my phone took a shot, 1, 2, 3. I then even found a bench so that I could take a better perspective!

View of Sunset from Bench With Tree in Foreground

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 2, 2011 Flag

These pictures were taken out my door. Some nights, the pictures take my breath away!

Docks and buildings with clouds reflected in the water.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 12, 2012 Flag

We recently visited Sadler's Creek State Park for a camping trip. It was so hot that we believed we had found Hades itself, if it weren't for the lovely views we could always find out our window!

Sunset on the water.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 23, 2011 Flag

This is the lake where I fish at. One thing that was brought to my attention is how the setting sun remarkably resembles the Star of David, me being David. ;-)

The sun is setting over the lake, looking like a star.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 2, 2007 Flag

I enjoyed a beautiful lavender sunset and wanted to share it. Watching the sunset is very relaxing. And I marvel at the beauty in each one I watch.

sunset

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Load More
Photos SceneryJune 30, 2013
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
old photo
Determining the Value of Historic Photos
Family Taking Digital Photos
Transferring Digital Photos to Your Computer
Washington State Ferry at Sunset
Washington State Sunset Photos
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 5:16:14 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.