Sunset Photos

Category Scenery
The vibrant colors of a sunset make it a popular subject for photographers. This page contains sunset photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

This is one of the last photos I ever took with a regular camera before I switched over to digital. I remember rushing home from classes one day because I wanted to snap a photo of the sky. My old cat was on my fence so I thought it would make a great double whammy. :)

By attosa

Comment Like this photo? 41

I love your picture! That is awesome!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I took this picture in July while fishing the Ohio River. This is my family's favorite place to fish. We love sitting on the river bank watching the sunset.

By mama22 from WV

Sunset on the Ohio River

Comment Like this photo? 29

Breathtaking!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Photo Description
On a night before the sun goes down, the sky will glow. It projects rays of color throughout the sky, all I did was capture those rays.

Photo Location
Ottumwa, Iowa

Comment Like this photo? 3

I love sunsets each one is a one of a kind. It just makes your soul feel good looking at the natural beauty that surrounds us. It's a simple pleasure that money can't buy.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

A golden sunset over the water and behind some clouds.

I walked on the seven mile bridge and waited for the sunset. It was well worth the wait. There is nothing more beautiful than seeing those brilliant orange rays coming from behind the clouds.

A sunset showing streaks of color in the sky.

I was looking out my front patio door and wow, I seen the most awesome two toned sunset. What was really cool was that it was dark on one side and light on the other side of the sky. It looked like Yin and Yang out there.

Painted Sky Sunset

We have gorgeous sunsets here. This one was taken out our front door. This one was so vivid pink I just had to capture it. The silhouetted trees add to the beauty.

Winter tree with golden sunset.

Sunsets are gorgeous where I am. I go out my door and this is what I see. Last night it was more vivid than normal. The pic with the tree was out my front door and the sky view with clouds was out my back door.

The sunset view from a trampoline in winter.

I live in mid-Illinois. My girls and I have been taking complete advantage of the recent beautiful spring-like weather we have been having.

2 boys at sunset

This is my 7 year old son and his friend who stopped skipping stones to watch the sun go down.

Scenery: Brilliant Sunset (Muncie, IN)

Heading out to check the mail I saw this awesome sunset. Living in Indiana with no mountains can be frustrating when the winds come, no mountains to calm them down.

Sunset Sail, Bandon, OR

At our new home in Bandon, my husband and I are lucky enough to be able to be in walking distance to pretty little Old Town, it's petite harbor, and even the beach!

Scenery: Sunset (Lyle, WA)

Sunset and sunrises are our speciality overlooking the Columbia River Gorge!

Cottage Grove Sunset

The sky was so pretty at sunset driving home from fishing I couldn't resist taking a picture.

Person on the beach.

My friend and I went camping during the summer near the Oregon coast. We went to the beach just before sunset and we were both taking photos. Later, just as the sun was almost over I moved back trying to get just the sunset but my friend unknowingly was in the way.

"Do, Do, Do, looking out my back door." Actually, this was taken from my front door, lol. I did not use a filter, this is the actual color of this beautiful Rhode Island sunset.

I took this picture during a flight to Singapore. I needed a few minutes to get the right angle and took the shot.

A sunset in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.

This is a picture we took on vacation at my cousin's house in Nova Scotia. My young cousin describes them as cotton candy clouds!

I happened to look out my window one evening and thought that the back half of our hillside was on fire. My hubby and I went out to investigate and were relieved to see that it wasn't a fire but a glorious sunset instead!

Sunset over the lake.

We attended a circus here where, you can imagine, I took many pictures. But the sunset that greeted us as we were leaving was the best shot. Simply beautiful!

Sunset Through the Trees

Since my yard faces west, I am lucky enough to get a different sunset every day. This is one of my very favorites because it includes an oak tree budding in spring.

Colorful sunset over Chihowee Dam in East Tennessee.

sunset

This picture was taken outside of my apartment building in Redford, MI on 1/2/11 in the parking lot.

Closeup of buildings and sunset.

While traveling, I stopped at a travel center in Big Cabin, Oklahoma to enjoy a walk with my dog. I didn't get far before noticing the amazing sunset that evening. Luckily I was still close enough to my vehicle to grab my camera.

yellow and orange sunset with clouds

This was last night's amazing sunset, out in the country side of Oklahoma. It's not uncommon to see such lovely views in the evening out here, but they are particularly nice in the fall when the weather is nice. Clean, country air and a lack of artificial light sources really add to the clarity.

Orane Sunset With Trees in Foreground

It was getting late in the day when I noticed an orange glow outside. I grabbed my camera and captured this beautiful sight. I couldn't get over how brilliant the orange color was outside.

This photo was taken on Okracoke Island Outer Banks, NC on our honeymoon. We were married Memorial Day weekend of 2009 and spent 8 wonderful days touring the Eastern coast of North Carolina. What a beautiful sunset and memory.

Sunset Over Graham Lake in Ellsworth Maine

Sunset photo was taken at Graham Lake in Ellsworth, Maine

Sunset (Horseshoe Lake, AK)

We were on our way home from a 4th of July day out with friends and I thought the golden hues were awesome!

Scenery: Sunset

Waning moon framed in clouds and sunset from our front yard, in the spring of 2010.

Onset Beach Sunset

This is my favorite beach in Onset. The sunset is always so pretty, people walking by will stop to watch it going down.

Sunet Through Clearing in the Trees

This is a view from the side of our property facing a pond. My husband and his friend are clearing out our woods and the sunsets are very beautiful. The ducks and geese love to stay there in the summer.

Michigan Sunset with Cornfield and Tree in Foreground

This is an amazing Michigan sunset. I loved how the tree and the cornfield privided awesome definition in the photo. Seeing this sunset with my own eyes and being able to capture it with my camera was an "ahhh" moment for me.

Sunset in Nova Scotia

This was taken in Nova Scotia at my cousins house. It's beautiful there.

Sunset Perry, SC

This is a picture of the sunset taken off of my front porch. We have ten acres of land and across the field every afternoon, you can see some awesome sunsets.

View of Sunset from Bench With Tree in Foreground

I was shopping downtown and before I went inside the Arts and Crafts store, I noticed how beautiful the sunset was. I grabbed my phone took a shot, 1, 2, 3. I then even found a bench so that I could take a better perspective!

A cloudy sunset over the ocean in the Philippines

It was a very serene day for me. As I walk by the seashore witnessing the sunset, I remember that God loves me, that he shares his beautiful works with me, and reminds me that tomorrow is another day, another beginning, and a new life.

Fishing at Barkley Lodge Cadiz, KY

My daughter fishing with beautiful sunset. We love to fish. This is our favorite place to spend a weekend.

sunset in rearview mirror

My husband and I recently went on a road trip, all the way from North Carolina to Ohio and back.

Red and orange sunset.

Red sky at night.

Sunset on the water.

We recently visited Sadler's Creek State Park for a camping trip. It was so hot that we believed we had found Hades itself, if it weren't for the lovely views we could always find out our window!

Load More