Swamp Cooler Maintenance Tips

Keeping your swamp cooler running efficiently and storing it properly during the off seasons, will assure you it will be ready when you need it. This guide contains swamp cooler maintenance tips.

September 30, 2004 Flag

Foam "egg crates" (mattress pad) can be used to weatherize your swamp cooler. Remove the cover plate and stuff the egg crate into the empty hole. Be sure your swamp cooler is shut down (water off, power off). Now replace the cover. Go outside and cover the outside of your swamp cooler with plastic and duck tape. You can even use those big black lawn and leaf bags, depending on the size of your swamp cooler, one may fit it perfectly. No more wintery blast from your cooler this winter.

By Debra in CO

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 7 Comments

November 10, 2005 Flag

For roof top swamp coolers, thread the filler tube from the outside faucet through a piece of garden hose up to the swamp cooler. this will prevent the tube from deteriorating due to the heat from the sun.

By Bruce from American Fork, UT

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 15, 2012 Flag

What could I use in place of the pads in my cooler? I don't have regular pads and until I get some what can I use instead? Any ideas?

By cc

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

In the chicken houses they use cardboard. I'm not sure what that would do to your unit, though. You may have to fashion a "sock" for it.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Maintenance and RepairNovember 1, 2013
orange tree in a terra cotta planter
Growing Fruit Trees in Pots
Adjusting a thermostat.
Keeping Your Home Cool on Hot Days
sedum flowers
Low Maintenance Plants
Photo of a someone checking their oil.
Keeping Track of Your Car's Maintenance Requirements
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 1:34:05 PM on 10.0.1.73 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.