Replacement Parts for Gott Cooler

If you can find replacement parts for your cooler it may cost less to repair than to replace. This is a guide about replacement parts for Gott cooler.

I have a 1980s era Gott 60 ice chest. The ice packs are lost. How can I replace them?

Answers

Gott is now Rubbermaid. You can contact Rubbermaid to see if they can help you. Other than Rubbermaid you could call some of your local hardware stores (Ace, True Value) as they sometime carry parts for coolers.

http://www.rubb  tact-information

I would contact an Ace Hardware store near you. They carry a wide variety of replacement parts for coolers. They should be able to order the ice packs you need.

You can call Rubbermaid at 1-888-895-2110 Give them the model number and they can tell you how much the parts are and send them to you.

Looks like someone else in 2011 had the same question.

http://www.thri  Gott-Cooler.html They contacted Rubbermaid and was told they do not have those parts on hand anymore.

By Joli Root [1 Post, 1 Comment]
I finally investigated more myself and answered my own question. But for those who are interested, I found the official Rubbermaid site. There is no way to order, you have to click on 'contact' & send a message. Their answer was: "The parts you requested are not available for direct order and are not offered by retail stores. We regret any inconvenience this may cause." Their site was difficult to find. Can't believe a major company doesn't have repair parts. Do they think I'm going to go out & purchase a new ice chest? Not! I'll jury rig my old one.

As I suggested earlier, if Rubbermaid is unable to help you contact one of your local hardware stores (ACE, True Value) or one of your sporting good stores (camping) as they may not have the exact number for your cooler but they may have something that would work for you.
I called my local ACE Hardware and they told me they had something similar that might work but he said they could also look the item up in one of their supply catalogs for anyone interested.

I have an older 80qt Gott cooler and need a replacement latch for the lid. I know that the company is now Rubbermaid, but I have looked all over the internet and can't find replacements. Where can I get a part?

By JR

Answers

Get Rubbermaid's phone # off the internet & call them, you might get lucky. If you don't, I bought a length of sticky-backed velcro & used it to replace a broken latch.

I'm not sure, but you probably won't be able to get one unless you find someone selling parts from an old cooler. If you do find one, it'll probably cost almost as much as a noew cooler.

I have a Gott water cooler that was barely used, but several years old & the rubber gasket where the spigot is dried out & needed to be replaced. After doing a lot of research on the internet for replacement parts, I called Rubbermaid themselves. I was told that it's not 'cost effective' for them to mass produce the parts, then just sell a few occasionally.

Maybe that's true, or maybe they just want us to spend more $ to buy the whole thing. I remember before it was sold to Rubbermaid, Gott had a parts replacement list you could order from!

I'm thinking about going to a plumbing supply store to try to find a gasket. I've had an ice chest for years that leaked at the drain valve-I took the valve off & duct taped it shut,lasted for years!

I'm looking for the tray that fits inside a Gott 50 quart cooler. It is model #1950, tray #719. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Mark from Puyallup, WA

Answers

I googled Gott and saw that they are now from Rubbermaid. Nothing on their site, but I would contact the company directly and see if they offer something comparable.

I made some with freezer baskets.
I just cut the top off and bent the wires over.

Who has lid closures parts for a 120gt. Gott marine chest cooler?

By Dale

Answers

Contact the company, usually have a parts list available.

The lid for my 10 gallon Rubbermaid Gott cooler blew off while traveling. The Rubbermaid company no longer makes this particular lid. It is not the screw on type. It fits down in and stays in place by suction. The model number for my cooler is 1610.

By Judith

I own a Gott cooler model #1526 and need a seal for the lid so that it will not leak when it is in the car and gets knocked over. It is a 2 gallon size, blue in color with a white lid. Is there a local place around here to get a seal for it?

By Maria J.