Replacement Parts for Gott Cooler

Close up image of cooler with metal rack inside
If you can find replacement parts for your cooler it may cost less to repair than to replace. This is a guide about replacement parts for Gott cooler.

I have an older 80qt Gott cooler and need a replacement latch for the lid. I know that the company is now Rubbermaid, but I have looked all over the internet and can't find replacements. Where can I get a part?

By JR

I finally investigated more myself and answered my own question. But for those who are interested, I found the official Rubbermaid site. There is no way to order, you have to click on 'contact' & send a message. Their answer was: "The parts you requested are not available for direct order and are not offered by retail stores. We regret any inconvenience this may cause." Their site was difficult to find. Can't believe a major company doesn't have repair parts. Do they think I'm going to go out & purchase a new ice chest? Not! I'll jury rig my old one.

Get Rubbermaid's phone # off the internet & call them, you might get lucky. If you don't, I bought a length of sticky-backed velcro & used it to replace a broken latch.

I'm not sure, but you probably won't be able to get one unless you find someone selling parts from an old cooler. If you do find one, it'll probably cost almost as much as a noew cooler.

I have a Gott water cooler that was barely used, but several years old & the rubber gasket where the spigot is dried out & needed to be replaced. After doing a lot of research on the internet for replacement parts, I called Rubbermaid themselves. I was told that it's not 'cost effective' for them to mass produce the parts, then just sell a few occasionally.

Maybe that's true, or maybe they just want us to spend more $ to buy the whole thing. I remember before it was sold to Rubbermaid, Gott had a parts replacement list you could order from!

I'm thinking about going to a plumbing supply store to try to find a gasket. I've had an ice chest for years that leaked at the drain valve-I took the valve off & duct taped it shut,lasted for years!

I'm looking for the tray that fits inside a Gott 50 quart cooler. It is model #1950, tray #719. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Mark from Puyallup, WA

I googled Gott and saw that they are now from Rubbermaid. Nothing on their site, but I would contact the company directly and see if they offer something comparable.

I made some with freezer baskets.

I just cut the top off and bent the wires over.

Who has lid closures parts for a 120gt. Gott marine chest cooler?

By Dale

Contact the company, usually have a parts list available.

The lid for my 10 gallon Rubbermaid Gott cooler blew off while traveling. The Rubbermaid company no longer makes this particular lid. It is not the screw on type. It fits down in and stays in place by suction. The model number for my cooler is 1610.

By Judith

I own a Gott cooler model #1526 and need a seal for the lid so that it will not leak when it is in the car and gets knocked over. It is a 2 gallon size, blue in color with a white lid. Is there a local place around here to get a seal for it?

By Maria J.