Tax Receipts for Thrift Store Donations

I like to buy at thrift stores, and I also donate to them too. So what I have done is find ones that will give you a tax receipt for your donation. Every penny counts and what's the harm in asking.

Some Salvation Army stores will do it.

By PatriciaL

Tax Receipts for Thrift Store Donations

All Goodwill stores or drop offs will give you a receipt each and every time you drop off any donations. I do this several times a year and it does all add up! (09/15/2005)

By Wanda

Tax Receipts for Thrift Store Donations

The Salvation Army store where I work does give tax receipts if you ask. Just remember you have to itemize your taxes to deduct the donation and your total donations to all charities have to come up to more than the standard deduction to make it worth itemizing. (I used to work for H&R Block.) (09/15/2005)

By Anna

Tax Receipts for Thrift Store Donations
Gifted Money
Paying Taxes on Gifted Money
Thrift Store Clothes
Thrift Store Shopping Tips
Large Outdoor Blue Goodwill Sign
Organizing Goodwill Donations
Sending Donations to Troops
Sending Donations to Troops