Teaching Kids to Use a Computer

Children are exposed to electronic toys at a very early age, preparing them for the logical transition to using computer. This is a guide about teaching kids to use a computer.

A girl learning to use a laptop computer.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Young girl using computer mouse.Start young children on the computer. They love the quality time spent with them, plus they learn to spell so quickly. My granddaughter started at 3 years old. She learned the alphabet and spelling so quickly.

By vguy from Earle, AR

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have a 3 and 5 year old and I homeschool. At what age should I begin them on the computer and how? I'm 28 and I remember typing in late elementary school, but nothing else until middle school. I don't remember having email until late middle/early high school. I know they are starting kids earlier, but I don't know where to start my kids without spending a lot of money and don't believe they can be responsible enough yet to not touch when we aren't with them. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

By Jessica

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Just to add a note on age. I think whatever age you see fit is a good age to begin. If you feel that they're too young it wouldn't hurt to wait a couple of years. One factor to consider might be how much a computer is used at home. If it's something that you make regular use of it might make sense to start your children learning computer skills sooner rather than later. Also, if they have friends who use a computer you'd want to make sure they know how to use one safely.

Read More Answers...
Computers TipsAugust 29, 2013
Students in a Kindergarten Classroom
Teaching Kindergarten Students
A child putting coins in a donation bucket.
Teaching Kids About Holiday Giving
A man teaching a computer class.
Teaching a Computer Class
A senior man using a computer.
Teaching Seniors to Use a Computer
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 18, 2016 at 4:04:15 PM on 10.0.0.17 in 474 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.