Teaching Seniors to Use a Computer

Category Tips
As we age learning a new skill can be exciting and intimidating at the same time. Teaching older people to use a computer may often require different tactics than when working with children or students. This is a guide about teaching seniors to use a computer.

For our senior citizens. This is for those of us with brain fog and using computers. I keep an address book to keep up with passwords and sign in info. It stays right in a drawer or by the computer. Buy printer paper when it is on sale. I also use photo paper from the dollar tree. My cousin showed me that printing on notebook paper works out good. I use calligraphy ink for refills. I have a chair with arms on it I have been known to fall asleep.

By Bozomom from Eastern NC

Through experience, I have found that the best way to have the elderly or special needs people learn a computer is to start them on playing solitaire. They are then able to get use to the movements of the mouse and the drop down menu functions.

Source: When my mother could no longer talk, a laptop was her only means of communication.

By sooz from Bradford, ON