Free Computer Training for Senior Citizens

New technology can sometimes make an older person feel left behind. However, there are opportunities for getting free training to help you keep up with the latest computer hardware and software. This guide offers some suggestions for finding free computer training for senior citizens.

My part time job wants me to get more computer training in both Word Perfect and Excel. They also want me to get letter formatting training. I'm a deaf older lady that has a little over 2 years to work before I can go off SSDI and collect social security. Where can I find free or inexpensive computer software training?

By Ella P.

Answers

Best Answer

If you are a senior, you should go to a local community college and ask them about a program like that. A lot of community colleges give computer classes to seniors

Best Answer

You might check your city's recreation centers. They offer classes in numerous things, usually. Check the library also.

Best Answer

I don't know if Microsoft still does this, but when I needed to add to my skills on their software, I went to their website and used several basic free training modules. I learned a lot about Excel especially that I am still using today.

I'd start on their website for whatever free training they have.

Best Answer

My county waives credit fees for senior citizens to attend the local community college. Try yours.

I am a senior citizen and have a deep interest in participating in various types of computer based training opportunities. I need this training to be offered free of cost by some social institute whether government or NGO. Does anyone have a suggestion where I can look?

By CK Mehta

Answers

Best Answer

A good place to start is your senior centers if you have them where you live.

Another option is a willing teenager. I was an early senior when I really started learning.

Good luck and enjoy, Keeper

Best Answer

Many states offer free college courses for senior citizens. I've enclosed a link to a site that lists information for senior education for each state:
http://www.seni  ioreducation.htm

Can someone help me find a free site for senior citizens that can help me to learn how to do more things on my computer?
Thank you.

By Carole from Utica, NY

Answers

I have two websites for you to check out. Not knowing what you REALLY want to learn about computers these two sites should give you a few options. http://www.about.com/compute/

http://www.findtutorials.com/ I couldn't get this last one to come up but it could be my connection, it's flaky at best :)

I don't know about sites on net but great sources for
learning about computers are free classes at some libraries, some community colleges, and senior centers.

The Computer Lady has a wonderful site. Sign up and you will receive a newsletter and you can look in the archives for all sorts of question and answers. I hope this helps you. http://www.asktcl.com/

Anonymous

You will 'LOVE' this site! It has several completely detailed tutorials and you can save the full PDF's to your documents for future reference and/or to print out! I've learned oodles for free from here!

http://www.edumax.com/

I know that my senior center has free time for anyone to come in and learn more about using the computer, check yours, maybe it does too!