Browsing: Teaching Seniors to Use a Computer

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Teaching Seniors to Use a Computer

As we age learning a new skill can be exciting and intimidating at the same time. Teaching older people to use a computer may often require different tactics than when working with children or students. This is a guide about teaching seniors to use a computer.

A senior man using a computer.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

January 4, 2009 Flag

For our senior citizens. This is for those of us with brain fog and using computers. I keep an address book to keep up with passwords and sign in info. It stays right in a drawer or by the computer. Buy printer paper when it is on sale. I also use photo paper from the dollar tree. My cousin showed me that printing on notebook paper works out good. I use calligraphy ink for refills. I have a chair with arms on it I have been known to fall asleep.

By Bozomom from Eastern NC

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 22, 2011 Flag

Through experience, I have found that the best way to have the elderly or special needs people learn a computer is to start them on playing solitaire. They are then able to get use to the movements of the mouse and the drop down menu functions.

Source: When my mother could no longer talk, a laptop was her only means of communication.

By sooz from Bradford, ON

Computers TipsAugust 29, 2013
Students in a Kindergarten Classroom
Teaching Kindergarten Students
A child putting coins in a donation bucket.
Teaching Kids About Holiday Giving
Father teaching his son to drive
Teaching a Teen to Drive
A man teaching a computer class.
Teaching a Computer Class
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 7:35:13 AM on 10.0.1.205 in 565 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.