The Best Time To Shop Clearance Sales

I read about shopping when clothes and other items are on clearance, but when is the best time to shop summer clearance? Winter clearance? I just bought a new home and our budget is tight, so any where I can save money, I'll try. Please post your tried and true ideas.

Regina

Answers:

The Best Time To Shop Clearance Sales

Now is the time, if you are looking for furniture, this is the time of year the furniture stores clear out merchandise on the floor to make room for new items. Also, consignment furniture stores are wonderful. As they say, don't judge a book by its cover. Any upholstery item can be reupholstered for an updated look. (07/01/2005)

By Marn

The Best Time To Shop Clearance Sales

Not long after a new season, the sales start up. You can even ask a store when their sales start up.
Just about the time the 4th of July is here and you need a pair of shorts, it's a good time. They are already putting school supplies out by then. A good time for furniture is in the fall. Lazy Boy chairs go on sale (2 for 1) every November. Fabric at Wall Mart goes on sale in February. January is always White Sales and Rubber Maid. I always ask a department manager if I'm not sure, because sometimes it's different from what I predicted. (07/01/2005)

By Ardis

The Best Time To Shop Clearance Sales

I shop clearance to save on my 2 boys' clothes. I shop for winter during the 3rd or 4th wk of January and summer around the middle of July, give or take a week. I have gotten over $150 worth of clothes for around $30 on my best trip! My three favorite words are clearance, close-out, and free. (07/02/2005)

By Julie

The Best Time To Shop Clearance Sales

Here in the Midwest, the summer stock is needed gone for room for fall and winter merchandise beginning July 4. The winter is needed gone around President's Day. (12/11/2010)

By Toebeanie

Woman Shopping For Clothing
Shopping For Clothing
A table full of items for sale at a garage sale.
Finding Garage Sales
Garage Sales
Shopping at Garage Sales
Shoppers at Holiday Clearance Sale
Shopping Holiday Clearance Sales
Close-up of a pair of jeans with a measuring tape curled on top and through the belt loop against a wooden background
Buying Pants Without Trying Them On
🎉
🎄