Tiling a Kitchen Backsplash

I need some do-it-yourself advice from anyone who has tiled a backsplash in a kitchen. With money being tight we wish to tackle the project on our own. We have the tile, but are unsure of how to start the project. Any advice would be helpful.

Laurie from Marshfield, WI

Answers:

Tiling a Kitchen Backsplash

You can talk to someone at a big box store such as Lowes or Home Depot, go to a store that specializes in selling tile that will be more than happy to explain the how to. Or read one of the many do it yourself books available the book stall in the big box stores. (02/24/2009)

By Harry

Tiling a Kitchen Backsplash

I tiled my black splash and large counter myself and it was so easy. Lowe's helped me choose the right adhesive $9.95 you get a lot also. (Habitat for Humanity) I got my grout from there along with some other tiles that I worked in together and got a 3D effect, also very easy to do. I used ceramic tiles and Lowe's will cut pieces to fit as they did for me. I got so many compliments on it from friends. Took me a couple of weeks by taking my time and thinking about how I wanted it done. Just think about your outlets, my tiles went around them and outlets were then recessed. (02/24/2009)

By ICE IN AZ

Tiling a Kitchen Backsplash
Tile Backsplash
Updating a Tile Backsplash
Choosing Kitchen Backsplash
Choosing Kitchen Backsplash Color
Tiling a Windowsill
Tiling a Windowsill
Faux Tin Kitchen Backsplash
Making a Faux Tin Kitchen Backsplash
🎉
🎄