Tips for Softer Feet

Cracked, dry feet can be very uncomfortable and unsightly. This guide contains tips for softer feet.

Soft Feet
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Having cracked or dry feet. At bedtime, rub feet down with vaseline petroleum jelly. Cover with plastic wrap and put socks on. In the morning you will have softer feet.

By Harriett from Lancaster, SC

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I want softer feet for my mom. Any ideas on how to get them soft with home items ? I like to do homemade stuff besides its cheaper and less harmful products.

By Crissymae

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Applying a small amount of olive oil to the feet at night will help. If you are concerned about staining the bed, wrap your feet with a hand towel or just wear an old pair of socks.

Read More Answers...

Product: Ped Egg

Manufacturer: Ped Egg

With sandal season upon us I have a great tip if you suffer from dry, cracked heels use the ped egg. It is the easiest, fastest way to remove that dead skin from your feet. I no longer have to drag my foot spa out every week for a pedicure. You rub it up and down on your heals and any other rough spots and it stores the "gratings" inside it. No mess. I bought mine at Walmart for $9.95 but just saw them at lakeside.com for $6.95. It's worth every penny!

Melissa from Logan, Utah

Would you like softer feet? I found out a way to do so. I sell Avon and I got a sample of some stuff to soften feet, but it felt like petroleum jelly with some nice mint in it. So I figured the way to really save money was to make my own feet softener.

First, I put a good lotion or cream on my feet and rub in. Then I take petroleum jelly and put a light coat it over top. Usually I just put it on before bed and put cotton socks on, but you can put your feet into plastic grocery bags first then into socks for a deep treatment. When you put your feet into bags first, it helps hold moisture in and creates heat. That will make your feet feel and look softer. But you can put your lotion and jelly on before bed and put socks on, and get really good results.

How often? I'd say just a few days a week is fine. That's what I do and I have very dry feet and skin. I hope this helps someone out!

By Misty from Wooster, OH

Health & Beauty Home RemediesJune 10, 2013
Causes of Dry Hands and Feet
Causes of Dry Hands and Feet
Dog's paw, showing pads.
Remedies for Your Pet's Dry Feet
Caring for Your Dog's Feet
Caring for Your Dog's Feet
dry heel on foot
Home Remedies for Dry or Cracked Feet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 18, 2016 at 5:37:15 PM on 10.0.0.30 in 535 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.