Tips for Softer Feet

Cracked, dry feet can be very uncomfortable and unsightly. This guide contains tips for softer feet.

February 3, 2006 Flag

Having cracked or dry feet. At bedtime, rub feet down with vaseline petroleum jelly. Cover with plastic wrap and put socks on. In the morning you will have softer feet.

By Harriett from Lancaster, SC

You can also put vaseline in microwave for 10 seconds then rub on, wrap and sleep. It is not only reqlxing but it penetrates quicker. I'd be lost without my cheap jar!

Susie

Try brushing your delicate toenails with a toothbrush rather than a nail brush. And you can adjust the bristle softness by buying a soft toothbrush rather than a hard one.

My feet were so dry, they cracked and would bleed. I started using vaseline on them every morning before putting my socks on. In the summer when I wear scandals, I put the socks on at nite. Now my feet have no more cracks and are soft and pink. Also since I had vaseline on my fingers, I would rub my fingernails, elbows and arms to clean my hands. Softer elbows and cuticles as an extra.

A treatment that really works is to rub coconut oil all over your feet, then slather the vaseline on and then put on clean white cotton socks. You do this for 3 days. I saw this as a beauty tip on TV. I tried it and voila! Soft feet!

May 6, 2008 Flag

Product: Ped Egg

Manufacturer: Ped Egg

With sandal season upon us I have a great tip if you suffer from dry, cracked heels use the ped egg. It is the easiest, fastest way to remove that dead skin from your feet. I no longer have to drag my foot spa out every week for a pedicure. You rub it up and down on your heals and any other rough spots and it stores the "gratings" inside it. No mess. I bought mine at Walmart for $9.95 but just saw them at lakeside.com for $6.95. It's worth every penny!

Melissa from Logan, Utah

The Ped Egg was on sale at Walmart for $4.99, so I bought one. Glad I did. It really does what it is advertised to do. My feet have never looked better for sandal season since the Ped Egg workover and the vaseline plus sox overnight treatmet. At last, an "as seen on TV" product that delivers as promised.

It's much cheaper to get one of those 99-cent emery boards with a coarse surface on one side, and a finer one on the other. Does just as good a job, for a lot less money. (Don't forget, you have to keep buying replacement plates for your Ped Egg, whereas it's much cheaper to buy a new emery board.)

Sorry but there is no way that a $.99 emery board is going to work as well as the Ped Egg.

The Ped Egg works great. My only complaint is that the shavings don't stay inside, I get a mess every time I use it. Nevertheless, I'm glad I got it! I used to have to slice off the dead skin with a pocket knife.

October 8, 2007 Flag

Would you like softer feet? I found out a way to do so. I sell Avon and I got a sample of some stuff to soften feet, but it felt like petroleum jelly with some nice mint in it. So I figured the way to really save money was to make my own feet softener.

June 9, 2013 Flag

I want softer feet for my mom. Any ideas on how to get them soft with home items ? I like to do homemade stuff besides its cheaper and less harmful products.

By Crissymae

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This makes my feet very soft. I love using it! You may substitute any essential oil for the lavender. I like peppermint also when I need some energy. I call that one Peppy Peppermint Foot Soak

Lovely Lavender Foot Soak

1 cup baking soda

1 cup dried milk

Lavender essential oil

½ cup vinegar

Mix baking soda and dried milk together. Add about 10 drops of Lavender oil, mix well.

Find a deep tub and fill it half full with as hot of water as your feet can stand. Dissolve one cup of the dry milk, baking soda mixture into the hot water. Add the vinegar. Soak feet for at least 20 minutes. Use a foot file to smooth those rough patches on your feet.

The reaction between the baking soda and vinegar will cause the solution to bubble up quite a bit, so have towels handy in case it overflows your tub. This also makes a great bath soak! Add 2 cups to your bath water.

Lavender is a very soothing, relaxing oil, so it allows you to unwind after a long day. The acid nature of vinegar kills bacteria and fungus. The lactic acid in the dry milk softens your skin. Baking soda is an added skin softening agent and neutralizes skin pH.

Get rid of cracked dry skin!

First get a bucket of warm water, not to hot, with a cup full of Epsom salt. Allow salt to dissolve before placing your feet inside. Once the salt has dissolved, place your feet inside of the water, allow to soak for up to 30 minutes.

2 Remove feet from water after 30 minutes. Scrub gently with toothbrush to remove all loose, dry skin. This only takes a small amount of time. The skin should be very easy to remove. Rinse feet with water and pat dry with towel.

My wound care Doc recommended good old Vaseline. I put it on in bed, a little goes a long way. I put a towel down so my sheets aren't exposed to it. It works quickly!

Applying a small amount of olive oil to the feet at night will help. If you are concerned about staining the bed, wrap your feet with a hand towel or just wear an old pair of socks.

Health & Beauty Home RemediesJune 10, 2013
Causes of Dry Hands and Feet
Causes of Dry Hands and Feet
Dog's paw, showing pads.
Remedies for Your Pet's Dry Feet
Caring for Your Dog's Feet
Caring for Your Dog's Feet
dry heel on foot
Home Remedies for Dry or Cracked Feet
🎄
🍂