Towels Leaving Lint on Your Body

Category Laundry

New towels can leave lint on your skin after a shower. While quite annoying, this usually stops over time with multiple washings and being dried in the dryer. This is a guide about towels leaving lint on your body.

New towel woes! I bought new black towels and a cheap black bath mat a little over a month ago and everything in my bathroom is covered in black fuzz. When I take a shower and use the towels I look like Chewbacca! I've washed the towels and the bath mat upwards of 15 times. Am I doing something wrong? Or is it the towels? Please help.

By Jennie from Tempe, AZ

Answers

Best Answer

I agree with one of the archived posts, you need to use the dryer to pull off the loose lint. They are not poor quality they are good quality if they are making so much fluff.

There is also an issue with their being black as you are probably noticing the lint more than you might with other colours.

The lint will go away if you can stand the wait.

I bought 3 towels from Target almost 3 weeks ago or so. I have washed them several times since I've bought them. I can't seem to get rid of the problem of them having excessive lint after they are dried. I don't know what to do.

When I use them you can see the lint flying everywhere, and when I dry my hair after a shower there is lint all in my hair. Now it's stuck on my hairbrush. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get the lint to stop building up or go away?

They are 100% cotton, not sure if that makes a difference. I don't have this problem with other towels. Is there a solution, or should I just get rid of them and buy new ones?

Thanks.

By MiMi from Charlotte, NC

Answers:

Towels Leaving Lint On Your Body

Either return them to Target or put away for non-hygiene use for inexpensive towels, I like Jacque Penne. Pretty good for the dollar. (12/01/2009)

By Cajun62234

Towels Leaving Lint On Your Body

If you still have your Target receipt, I'd return them for your money back or exchange for another brand. (12/04/2009)

By Debbie52

Towels Leaving Lint On Your Body

I had the same problem with some towels I bought at Walmart about five years ago. They never did quit shedding in the dryer. I finally gave them to my husband to use when he washed the car. (12/04/2009)

By Kathryen

Towels Leaving Lint On Your Body

If you can't return them, give them to your local pet shelter. They use them for bedding and clean-up, and they are usually discarded after each use, to prevent spreading of possible diseases. So they always need lots of old or unusable towels! (12/04/2009)

By catastrofy

I recently bought some rather expensive dark towels. Even after washing them twice, and not using fabric softener, they leave their lint on my body. Is there anything I can do to stop this?

Thank you,
Msmyssti from Cotuit, MA

Answers:

Towels Leaving Lint On Your Body

Not sure, but I think this will stop after a few more washings. Especially since they sound like they are well-made towels. (03/29/2006)

By Claudia

Towels Leaving Lint On Your Body

Be sure to put them in the dryer. They should be fine. They'll absorb more water if you don't use fabric softener. (03/30/2006)

By Carol in PA

Towels Leaving Lint On Your Body

Keep a piece of netting (tulle?) in your dryer. I have been using the same piece for over a year now and it works wonders keeping lint off of clothes. (05/28/2006)

By call4cathy