Treating a Dog With Urinary Incontinence

When your elderly canine companion has accidents in the house, it is a problem. This guide is about treating a dog with urinary incontinence.

Photo of an old dog.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I have a Great Dane that has incontinence. After numerous, expensive visits to the vet's, nothing has been able to help her until I obtained "Natural Pet Pharmaceuticals Urinary Incontinence" treatment from a distributor in Canada. But, effective January 1, 2011, I am no longer able to purchase this product in Canada. Does anyone have any cures or suggestions or ideas that will help me because I really don't want to put my baby to sleep. Thanks much and have a great day. Also, thanks to everyone for your answers to my previous posting.

By Willi from Calgary, AB, Canada

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hello, Please see another Vet ASAP! Your fur baby need medical care. Good luck

Read More Answers...

My dog has become incontinent and drinks tons of water. Then he goes and pees in my house. What can I do? He has been checked out several times by a vet.

By Connie from Grover, MO

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

In the meantime, it is easy to diaper him. Boys especially. A towel folded longways three times with a little extra absorbent (even a kotex or overnite pad) wrapped over his belly and pinned. If this condition is permanent, buy the proper diaper wrap and use kotex in the pocket over his plumbing. Easy.

Sure does sound like diabetes. Perhaps just a UTI. Don't give up on him. I have a blind shiatsu that i prefer the towel wrap and a strip of plastic over top of that. To those that retire their animals to a hospice could do so much better with letting them have their last days at home with those they love.

Too many hospice facilities have very poor, even cruel, practices. It is no big deal to change a diaper. Most of them wait for outside walk to do the brown cigars. When they get to suffering, it is time to let them go peacefully with you holding them at the vets office.

Read More Answers...
Pets Dogs HealthOctober 15, 2013
Stressed Dog
Dog Has Stress Incontinence
Treating and Vet Examining Cat
Treating and Preventing Urinary Tract Problems in Cats
Treating the Soil After Tomato Blight
Treating Soil After Tomato Blight
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 18, 2016 at 3:35:19 PM on 10.0.2.98 in 720 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.