Treating a Sneezing Rabbit

Determining the cause of your bunny's sneezes can be a challenge. This is a guide about treating a sneezing rabbit.

Rabbit That is About to Sneeze

January 28, 2007 Flag

My rabbit has been sneezing for about a week now. I was told to watch it and see if it stops. It has calmed down quite a bit however every so often he sneezes. Any idea on what he might have (I know it can be a cold or allergies)? Also, should I see his vet about it?

Raylene from Toronto, Canada

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I don't know if you can help. I had my bunny 2 days ago and he's started to sneeze a lot. His noise is wet but not gunky or anything. He also sometimes sounds wheezy. What should I do? Thanks

Just a quick note for the person worried about the cost of going to the vet- look in the yellow pages for your nearest PDSA. They will treat your pet without charging you if you really cant afford it, and if its an emergency they're quite human and will help first and do 'paperwork' after. hth

Try applying Vaseline to the nose. Do it gently though because rabbits don't always like this. Put it on the nose 4 times daily. Make sure the Vaseline is on all of the crust. Before you know it the crust will go! Avoid bumping your bunny's nose and make sure it has plenty of air!

My 3 year old female rabbit name is candy and she just started sneezing and some discharge came out it was cloudy then about a week after a little lump was at the side of her nose and it grew large in less than a week so I got worried and brought her to the veterinarian they told me that candy had an abscess and it would have become cancerous in a month so they gave me a prescription and she improved amazingly and the lump turned into a blister and popped but the thing I don't understand she is still sneezing.

Read More Answers...
Pets Rabbits HealthMarch 19, 2014
Close up of a white cat's nose.
Treating a Sneezing Cat
Young girl in a pink bunny costume.
Making a Bunny Rabbit Costume
Treating the Soil After Tomato Blight
Treating Soil After Tomato Blight
House Training a Rabbit
House Training a Rabbit
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 9:43:37 AM on 10.0.1.152 in 352 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.