Treating a Sneezing Rabbit

Category Health
Determining the cause of your bunny's sneezes can be a challenge. This is a guide about treating a sneezing rabbit.

My rabbit has been sneezing for about a week now. I was told to watch it and see if it stops. It has calmed down quite a bit however every so often he sneezes. Any idea on what he might have (I know it can be a cold or allergies)? Also, should I see his vet about it?

Raylene from Toronto, Canada

My rabbit has been sneezing since I got her August 2007, she brings up snot and she just cant stop. I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow, but do you have any advice that might help?

I have had my rabbit for just 2 days, he has been sneezing a bit, with discharge on the first day. He has since had 2 jabs from the vet, and I am getting the third one done tomorrow.

Although the vet said that he is slightly heavier than yesterday, I have not once seen him eat. The other rabbit eats grass and then food in the hutch!

Little bit worried as these are my first rabbits! Any suggestions or advice welcome. dave at leatherhead ckd dot com (all one word)

My rabbit has just recently began to sneeze! he seems to be fine but a few days later, he go a sort of big watering eye and it is sort of swelling up. I am going to the vet today but he may give me some eye drops or something I HOPE SO!

My rabbit is an albino and it is only just 12 weeks old. over the past 2 days it has been sneezing quite and when you listen to it you can hear almost a sort of wispy breath almost like its really excited but it isn't.

I'm not sure what to do with her as I've never had rabbits before and I don't know whether she needs to go to the vet or whether it will pass within a few days. Also I'm really worried as I heard that albinos can be prone to illness, Can anybody help??

My rabbit was like that at first but if you just keep an eye on it and it will pass, it has may be got an irritated nose. If it dose not pass go and see your vet. I hope my advice has helped. if you need more advice contact me at Scot-the-dot AT hotmail.co.uk

Our 8 year old rabbit has been having sneezing fits periodically over the last several weeks. Searching the net for information, I found what appears to be well reasoned and helpful at http://www.barb  om/sneezing.htm.

i have 5 baby bunnies, and 1 of them who looks to be one of healthiest of the litter keeps sneezing and it isnt now and again it seems constant, and some times sounds like he/she is choking ?? im really worried about her she is only 5 days old, any advise please ??

I don't know if you can help. I had my bunny 2 days ago and he's started to sneeze a lot. His noise is wet but not gunky or anything. He also sometimes sounds wheezy. What should I do? Thanks

Just a quick note for the person worried about the cost of going to the vet- look in the yellow pages for your nearest PDSA. They will treat your pet without charging you if you really cant afford it, and if its an emergency they're quite human and will help first and do 'paperwork' after. hth

Try applying Vaseline to the nose. Do it gently though because rabbits don't always like this. Put it on the nose 4 times daily. Make sure the Vaseline is on all of the crust. Before you know it the crust will go! Avoid bumping your bunny's nose and make sure it has plenty of air!

Why has my rabbit started sneezing so frequently?

By Sneha