Tree Sap On Dog

I just had the lower branches of my 2 pine trees removed and while they look great, the sap from the trees is causing havoc. First, what can I put on the cut sections of the tree to stop the sap (the landscaper hasn't responded). Second, my little Shih-Poo, Yogi now loves to sit under the trees but has sap on his back, the pads of his feet, and his tail. He just had a haircut, so I can't cut the sap off of his fur. I would appreciate any suggestions.

AndieL

Yogi2.jpg

Answers:

Tree Sap On Dog

This exact thing happend to me when my husband pruned our pines. Our Beagle was covered head to toe in sap. He was hard. I used a product called DeSolvIt. It is an orange cleaner non-toxic. It works wonderfully on all kinds of things. I just sprayed it on him and worked it through with my hands til all the sap was gone. I am not affiliated with the DeSolvIt company, I just love the stuff. For the limbs, there is stuff you can buy at the garden center to put on the cuts. There is some you can paint on, but now there is spray on kind. Much easier. (05/04/2005)

By Eve

Tree Sap On Dog

Simply put a little bit of butter on the places that have sap and it comes right off. I use this on my 5 year old daughter's feet in the bathtub each summer after running around all day barefoot. (05/05/2005)

By Suzie

Tree Sap On Dog

I used butter on my dog after seeing Suzie's reply. It works wonders. My dog now smells like a butter cookie, but after another bath we should be back to normal. (05/24/2005)

By Kel

Tree Sap On Dog

This really does work! Our Basenji girl got some juniper sap on her muzzle, and this took it off. Plus, she had a blast "cleaning up" after we were done. It's nice to find a solution that tastes good for a change! (06/20/2005)

By Thog

Tree Sap On Dog

Butter works like magic. Our Beagle is better because of butter. My beautiful wife Betty buttered our Beagle in the bathtub. We found it beneficial and our Beagle Bernard is better, but smells like a bagle. No joke this really works. Amazing. Thanks Suzie for the info. (06/24/2005)

By Gary

Tree Sap On Dog

Thank you for the butter idea. My dog stepped in tree sap, I was wondering how I'm gonna get this out. I hopped on the net, find the butter idea, and now he is happy as always. It really worked, and he loved to lick the butter off of his paws. (09/07/2005)

By Szilvia

Tree Sap On Dog

Thank you! My dog has been drinking from the Christmas tree and has more than once ended up with pine sap stuck to her face and legs. This was sooo easy and, like the other dogs mentioned, she loved licking it off of the spots she could reach. This was cheap, easy and, best of all, non toxic. (12/21/2006)

By Rhonda

Woman giving a white dog a bath
Cleaning Tree Sap on a Dog
Laminate Flooring
Cleaning Tree Sap From Laminate Flooring
Sap Dripping From a Tree
Sap Dripping From a Tree
Beautiful Cedar Deck
Removing Sap from a Deck
Sap spot and cleaning supplies.
Removing Tree Sap on Microfiber
🎉
🎄