Cleaning Tree Sap on a Dog

My dog had stepped in a big pile of sap/pitch and it covered her whole left back foot. I read somewhere where butter would help. I tried a stick of butter and it was working but not as quickly as I would have like. I then tried olive oil and I rubbed it in her paw between the pads and it literally melted away. She had sticks and rocks embedded in between her pads. Poor girl.

Make sure when you do this, it is either in a bath tub or out side. Also another helpful hint would be to wash the area off with Dawn liquid dish soap. It will take away the oily greasy mess. :o) Hope this helps someone!

By Barbie from Wenatchee, WA

More Solutions

I have used butter in the past, but decided to try spray cooking oil. It is less of a mess. Just spray on the paws and wipe off with a paper towel. Not only less mess but less licking :)

7 Questions

How can I get tree sap off of a 14 week old puppy that was playing under a tree?

By lauri from NC

Answers

Best Answer

Peanut butter

Answer this Question

My dog stepped in pine tree sap. It's stuck in the fur between his toes. The area is too small to cut with a scissors. How can I remove the sap safely?

How do you get sap off a dog?

How do you get tree sap off your dog?

I just had the lower branches of my 2 pine trees removed and while they look great, the sap from the trees is causing havoc. My little Shih-Poo, Yogi now loves to sit under the trees but has sap on his back, the pads of his feet, and his tail. He just had a haircut, so I can't cut the sap off of his fur.

In These Pages
Pets Dogs GroomingSeptember 21, 2016
🎃
😷
📓
🎂
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf552290.tip.html