Truck Heater Problems

Hi Everyone, I have 96 ford ranger pickup, reg cab 4 cyl, 2.2, engine with 122,000 miles runs great. but the heater keeps blowing out hot air? Thanks

Answers:

Truck Heater Problems

Sorry, but am I missing something here isn't a heater supposed to blow out hot air? Did you mean the Air Conditioning, or are you actually talking about the heater. The problem is fairly straight-forward for an ASE certified mechanic who has air conditioning training. The problem if the A.C. is what you mean; is the system is not charged or the pump is not working properly( if the engine slows down when you turn on the A.C. and seems to cycle every few minutes the pump is fine). Otherwise the A.C. system isn't fully charged with R-134A refrigerant. First of all, contact an ASE certified mechanic with A.C. training. (03/13/2005)

By A helpful guy.

Truck Heater Problems

Hi, we have the same problem with my husbands' truck, the heater blows hot air when the heater is turned off. It's not bad when it's winter, but in the summer, boy is it hot. He doesn't have air conditioning. (03/15/2005)

By RoseMry

Truck Heater Problems

I had a 97 Ford Ranger that was doing that. A friend rigged it so I could turn off the hot temperature, but I would not have vent (fresh air) and the only a/c I could get was on A/C Max! There is a small plastic part (in dash) that moves for the temp changes. That is BROKEN. Hence always heat. The part is Very expensive and time consuming if you do it yourself. Otherwise, it's even more expensive if done through a car dealer. Good Luck!! I have since gotten rid of said truck and drive a NEW suv. (03/15/2005)

By Beth

Truck Heater Problems

Check under the hood and make sure the vent to your heater core is actually closing when you operate the heater lever. (03/24/2005)

By gacitizen

Truck Heater Problems

all mechanics say it is that BROKEN plastic part that controls the air from cold to hot that necessitates removing the dash, replacing the entire heater box at a cost of about $700, typical to Explorers and Rangers. I have a 98 Ranger with same problem. (03/28/2005)

By beffland

Truck Heater Problems

THANK YOU so much for the tips. I hope to return the favor somewhere down the road. JEFF (03/30/2005)

By mrmoose71943

Truck Heater Problems

I have a 95 that has AC that seems to have the same problems. When off, it's off. When on anything but max AC it blows hot. Max AC is max AC. Am I to believe that a non fully charged R-134A system would cause this? If I went to an ASE mechanic, I wouldn't enjoy the satisfaction of fixing it myself. I think the small plastic thing is the culprit. Thanks for all help. (06/13/2005)

By Mazda B2300

Truck Heater Problems

1 have a 97 ford ranger 4.0 v6 5sp. extended cab. i have a/c heater problems. when i turn on the a/c hot air comes out. i turn the temp. control and only hot air comes out. i had it checked out by auto experts and they charged the a/c replaced the a/c drier and expans. tubeand the bill was $340. after advised that it was fixed i later notice after leaving the shop that the only a/c was on a/c max. they advised that this was normal and not to worry about it.after going on line at my wife suggestion and reading several hits i fixed it myself. simple take a piece of bailling wire "mechanic's wire" and wire the heater valve in the up position. its is located in front of the two heater hose lines.the heater hose valve operates by vacuum up position is off, that is what you want, and down position is heat on.the garage advised me that i could bring it back at my expence which might be several hundred $. lets be careful out there hourly repair rates are 80$ and up. thanks happy (09/10/2005)

By charlie.

Truck Heater Problems

Some times the ignition switch on the steering column sticks in the start position and the a/c will not operate.Think of it as if you are starting your vehicle and for that moment,(while you turn the key all the way) everything shuts off and when you feel the engine start and let go of the key, the switch springs back a little and everything comes back on. It is just the ignition switch not springing back enough. Try turning it back a little (without killing the motor) and it should work. (11/25/2007)

By ex fordwkr

Truck Heater Problems
Man Troubleshooting a Truck That Won't Start
Troubleshooting a Truck That Won't Start
Snow Covered Truck
Troubleshooting Truck Heater Problems
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck
Maintaining Your Water Heater
Maintaining Your Water Heater
🎄