Truck Heater Problems

I can't get heat in the cab of a 1997 Ford Ranger. The heater is hot going in, I don't know if it is a vacuum. Any ideas?

Dave from Saint Louis, Mo

Answers:

Truck Heater Problems

Many Ford Ranger heater problems can be traced to broken blend doors. The HeaterTreater kit does a complete repair on the blend door malfunction that is common to 96-2004 Ford Rangers. Every Ranger in this range either has, or will have, this common failure. The kit can be found on eBay by searching "heatertreater" (one word). (05/14/2008)

By RangerRick

Truck Heater Problems

Pull the inlet and outlet hoses off, use air to blow out the heater core backwards of the water flow. I did this after checking all the other thing mentioned in this forum. My heater now works. If its the blend door thee is a simple way to do a fix without removing the dash. heatertreater.net has instructions and the cost of the kit is about $130. (01/07/2010)

By mebrown57

Truck Heater Problems
Man Troubleshooting a Truck That Won't Start
Troubleshooting a Truck That Won't Start
Snow Covered Truck
Troubleshooting Truck Heater Problems
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck
Maintaining Your Water Heater
Maintaining Your Water Heater
🎄