Ube (Purple Yam) Homemade Ice Cream
Vote for this contest contender!
This was my first time to make ice cream without an ice cream maker. It is such a big achievement for me, as I didn't research the recipe on how to make ice cream. This is purely one of my cross fingered kitchen experiment!
Purple yam or commonly known to us as Ube is a common flavor in delicacies here in the Philippines. I would like to share this simple ice cream recipe with you that I just learned today.
Yield: 1 liter ice cream
- 1 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 270 ml box all purpose cream
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk or fresh milk
- 100 g purple yam boiled and mashed
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips or bits (optional)
- crushed ice
- handful rock salt
- Whip all purpose cream until slightly stiffer bubbly.
- Add condensed milk and evaporated milk. Whip mixture.
- Place crushed ice sprinkled with a handful of rock salt in a larger bowl.
- Put the mixing bowl over the salted ice bowl and continue whisking the milk mixture.
- Add purple yam a little at a time while whisking. The mixture will turn creamy and will slightly harden with the help of salted ice.
Related Content(article continues below)
- Add the chocolate chips/bits and continue to whip until consistency is achieved. You can use electric mixer for faster and better result.
- If the ice cream forms immediately over the salted ice it will be ready for serving but if not, transfer the mixture to a plastic container and freeze 5-7 hours to achieve ice cream consistency.
- Scoop the ice cream and serve.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 24, 2017 at 8:57:22 PM on 10.0.2.182 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us