Ice CreamDesserts

Ube (Purple Yam) Homemade Ice Cream

Vote for this contest contender!

This was my first time to make ice cream without an ice cream maker. It is such a big achievement for me, as I didn't research the recipe on how to make ice cream. This is purely one of my cross fingered kitchen experiment!

Purple yam or commonly known to us as Ube is a common flavor in delicacies here in the Philippines. I would like to share this simple ice cream recipe with you that I just learned today.

Yield: 1 liter ice cream

1. Whip all purpose cream until slightly stiffer bubbly.
  2. Add condensed milk and evaporated milk. Whip mixture.
  3. Place crushed ice sprinkled with a handful of rock salt in a larger bowl.
  4. Ad
  5. Put the mixing bowl over the salted ice bowl and continue whisking the milk mixture.
  6. Add purple yam a little at a time while whisking. The mixture will turn creamy and will slightly harden with the help of salted ice.
  7. Related Content(article continues below)
  8. Add the chocolate chips/bits and continue to whip until consistency is achieved. You can use electric mixer for faster and better result.
  9. If the ice cream forms immediately over the salted ice it will be ready for serving but if not, transfer the mixture to a plastic container and freeze 5-7 hours to achieve ice cream consistency.
  10. Scoop the ice cream and serve.

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts Ice CreamMarch 12, 2017
Ice Cream Sandwiches
Making an Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Fried ice cream.
Fried Ice Cream Recipes
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
Keeping Ice Cream Cones from Dripping
Keeping Ice Cream Cones from Dripping
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2017 at 8:57:22 PM on 10.0.2.182 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.